PDA

View Full Version : hello from a newbie

miss polly
12-05-09, 18:21
This is my first time on this site and I'm so glad to have found it.
I'm going through a difficult time at the moment and it must be that, that's causing my anxiety, palpitations, chest pain and ectopic beats. Either that or I'm in immenent danger of keeling over!
I'm so exhausted with these ectopics and palpitations that some days I feel I can't go on.
I'm caring full-time for my mum who has a progressive neurological condition and is now bed bound, unable to walk or talk or do anything for herself. Apart from feeling tired with looking after her 24/7 I now have to cope with the anxiety and weird things happening to my heart. Honestly it's all too much and I really feel I'm going to keel over with a heart attack!
I'm 46, overweight, a smoker and I have high blood pressure. I'm trapped in a place I can't get out of - no motivation, paralysed with fear and if it weren't for my kids and granchildren I'd give up!

duskess
13-05-09, 00:07
Hello Polly , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here, glad you found the site , sorry your having such a hard time :hugs: is it not possible for someone else to look after your mother even for afew hours now and again , i would chat to my doctor about how i am feeling if i were you , you will get lots of advice here you take care ,:welcome: Duskess x

Veronica H
13-05-09, 10:54
:welcome: to NMP. Glad that you have found us. This is a friendly and supportive place. You are entitled to an assessment of your needs as a carer. When you feel up to it ask social services about this. you may get some help so that you have some downtime for yourself.
:bighug1: Veronica

Vanilla Sky
13-05-09, 11:45
Hi and welcome to NMP , you will find loads of support and understanding here. You need help with your situation, get in touch with social services as soon as you can. Maybe see you in chat sometime, it's a good place to get things of your chest ! Love Paige x

bobobob
13-05-09, 12:03
miss polly. just wanted to welcome you onboard. this is a facinating place. i am new here, aswell but have found out many things from people who care. hope you do too. i wish you well and hope to meet you in the chat room.

amandaj
13-05-09, 15:39
welcome polly youll get lots of help here at nmp
take care
amanda

manth
13-05-09, 20:10
ello polly, know how u are feeling, i am battling with anxiety and ectopics, it is a daily battle to try to ignore it or i'll go under! have 2 children, husband and a part time job so nothing really that stressful so cant understand why i feel like this, just wish the ectopics would stop! take care x