PDA

View Full Version : off balance, congestion and ear pain?

kathy.x
12-05-09, 20:31
is this common in anyone else? or has anyone else experienced it as being related to anxiety? i have been uncommonly stuffed up in the last week, and was getting what i would assume is sinus pain - then i started getting random aches or pains within my inner ear, and just today i have started feeling slightly off balance from time to time - which has obviously shot my anxiety right up making me feel just generally odd today :( has anyone else experienced this? am going to get an appointment tomorrow to see if it's anything physical, such as an ear infection.

agent orange
12-05-09, 20:38
Sinus comes to mind, see my post dizziness etc.

kathy.x
12-05-09, 20:48
i think so too, i've also been getting a few headaches - and jaw pain, which can all point to sinus problems. if it is do you have any idea what's the best way just to calm it down? or to feel better?

Burge
12-05-09, 22:03
Have you any ucalyptus oil? Put a few drops in boiling water, throw a towel over your head and inhale the vapours for a few minutes. Usually does the trick for me.

kathy.x
12-05-09, 22:09
sadly i haven't! but will buy some tomorrow so i'm prepared for the future :) thanks!

Trish
12-05-09, 23:30
Hi Kathy

I had the same problems a few years ago with the same symptoms and i was told by my gp it was labrithitus which can be caused by an infection of the inner ear. I was given Stemital (sp) which cleared it up. It's very bothersome while it lasts, but not life threatening.

I hope you feel better soon.

Trish x

SleeplessFog
12-05-09, 23:35
Trish...you had Labyrinthitis??? How long does it last? I am miserable and it is making me anxious. Everything they have given me for it doesn't really help...it just makes me incredibly sleepy. :weep:

kathy.x
13-05-09, 19:51
oddly the congestion and ear pain seem to have cleared up today, but the slightly light headed / random head pains are still there as ever!

Trish
13-05-09, 20:39
Trish...you had Labyrinthitis??? How long does it last? I am miserable and it is making me anxious. Everything they have given me for it doesn't really help...it just makes me incredibly sleepy. :weep:

Hiya

Sorry to hear you are suffering, Labyrinthitis is not at all nice:weep: Mine lasted almost a month although it got easier towards the end third week.

I hope you start to feel better soon:)

Trish x

SleeplessFog
13-05-09, 23:39
Hiya

Sorry to hear you are suffering, Labyrinthitis is not at all nice:weep: Mine lasted almost a month although it got easier towards the end third week.

I hope you start to feel better soon:)

Trish x

I am on Month 4...and it sucks. Any tips?

Trish
13-05-09, 23:48
Oh you poor thing, now that really does suck:mad:

I'm sorry but i've not got any tips for you:weep: what meds has your doctor given you?

Big hugs

Trish x

SleeplessFog
13-05-09, 23:49
Klonopin but I am not supposed to be taking it during balance therapy. It can prolong the issue. It makes me sleepy anyways so I stopped taking it.

Trish
13-05-09, 23:54
What does balance therapy involve?

Trishx

SleeplessFog
14-05-09, 00:00
It retrains your ear so you get your balance back and it takes away the vertigo. You have to do balance and eye exercises and coordination stuff.

Trish
14-05-09, 00:08
Wow that sounds intense, how often do you go or do they give you the excerises to do at home, and is it helping at all?

I really do hope it clears up soon, it must be very dibilitating for you.

Trish x

SleeplessFog
14-05-09, 01:56
Wow that sounds intense, how often do you go or do they give you the excerises to do at home, and is it helping at all?

I really do hope it clears up soon, it must be very dibilitating for you.

Trish x

Both, I do some at home and some during the visits. It seems to be helping. But me being dizzy = anxiety and then = more dizzy :blush:

Its hard, but they say I don't have permanent damage so that's good.