PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Managment MIND Course Innitial Assesment

tattybear
25-08-05, 11:32
Hi guys,

well after a few months waiting, ive finaly got a letter from Mind asking me to meet with the 2 course facilitatoes for a meeting to discuss the anxiety managment course and my problems - ARGH! Im really scared! The place is nearly in the town centre, but i think it luckily has a car park outside (my dad will drop me off with my mum) but I am so scared about being in a new place and talking about my issues as even when i think about things which make me anxious, i get al worked up. :(

My psychiatrist has said that if the 6 week course does not help then CBT is my next step - I hate seeing people panic and so even the though of going to the sessions when they start is scaring me[V]

I know this is a postive thing - and im lucky to get the chance to do the course - but im stil scared s***less!!!

Tatty B xx

trac67
25-08-05, 13:48
Hi Hun,
I have done the anxiety management course and CBT for health anxiety,
its not as scary as you think, they dont make you panic or anything like that, and they understand that you will be nervous and anxious, plus everyone else there is in the same 'boat' as you. It really does help it surprised me how much.
If you want a chat about it give me a nudge on msn anytime.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Piglet
25-08-05, 15:10
Hi Tatty,

So interested to hear how you get on with this so will look forward to hearing in due course.

I wonder if the first session is the hardest as you have no idea what to expect and as usual at this point you have good old anticipatory anxiety to deal with.

Good luck.

Love Pig x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

pips
25-08-05, 15:39
Hi Tatty B,

Don't worry hun it's only natural to feel that scared. The people there will help you and put you at ease. Once you start talking it will help you to deal with your issues.

I hope it goes well for you.

One step forward hey!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Karen
25-08-05, 18:36
Hi Tatty

This is a positive step and as others here have said they will be used to people being anxious and the other people on the course will be feeling just as worried as you.

Hope it goes well for you and you get something positive from the course.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Trev
25-08-05, 18:56
I did this course. And it was more a course than therapy.
As said by trac you don't have to do anything you don't want to.
I was really doubtful about doing it. In fact I originally said no. However, I'm really glad I changed my mind and did it.
You should learn loads and it actually really helps to have other people around in the same boat.
First time I went in I thought "everyone looks fine to me, they can't be feeling like I do!" but after talking at break time it became clear that everyone was thinking the same thing :D

Go for it...........you'll be glad you did I think.

Best of luck (not that you'll need it)

Trev

tattybear
25-08-05, 19:24
Thanks Trace Hun, Sorry I havnt been on MSN for a while to chat - wil catch up soon :)

Thanks Piglet, Pips Karen & Trev for your support too, it means a lot.

The meeting next week is just myself & the 2 course facilitators, to chat about the course and whether myself and they feel that it would be of benifit to me, I should also find out hopfuly when the course will start.

I will be sure to keep you all updated :D

Tatty B xx

nomorepanic
25-08-05, 19:34
Tatty

I think you should go for it - it could be well worthwhile and I am sure you will get loads out of it.

As we discussed in a PM you should keep a record of it all on here so we can see how you do with it. You will then also have a record to look back at as well.

Best of luck and I say Go for it!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

tattybear
26-08-05, 15:49
Thanks Nic

Im gonna use the time between now and then to write down the main issues etc so I dont forget anything when I go.

Will keep you all updated!

Tatty B xx

tattybear
29-08-05, 19:22
Ok well its my meeting tomorrow moring,

Feelin nervous but it feels like a differnt nervous as I know that i have to do this and it will (fingers toes etc crossed!) be a turning point for me to deal with my anxiety issues,

WIll let you all know how it goes :D

Tatty B xx

Meg
29-08-05, 21:52
Good luck Tatty .
We'll be here when you get back

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Quirky
29-08-05, 21:55
Good luck tattybear,
LJ

Trev
29-08-05, 23:06
Good luck with it. I'm sure it will be a good turning point for you. :D

Piglet
30-08-05, 11:47
Big hug Tat.

Can't wait to hear how it went.

Love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

tattybear
30-08-05, 13:18
Thanks Meg, LJ Trev& Piglet - The meeting this morning went so well & has left me feeling realyl really positive.

I will be writing up about it fully later today and starting a new post so if anyone wants to follow my progress they can, and it will hopfuly help anyone else whos got to have anxiety managment too see what it will be like.

Tatty B xx

Quirky
30-08-05, 13:57
Hi Tattybear,
I'm so glad it went well and left you feeling so positive, that's great.
LJ

Trev
30-08-05, 14:35
Good on you for going and glad you are feeling positive about it.
Having done the course myself (I'm assuming the course is the same country wide) I reckon you will benefit massively from it. Look forward to hearing how you get on with it.
Full steam ahead to recovery then! :D
Cheers,
Trev

leo05
30-08-05, 16:07
well done on going it is really brave of you and it will help you in the long run

tattybear
12-09-05, 14:09
Thanks everyone for your support.

Start the course tomorrow - am very scared and anxious but i know it is something that has to be done. It helped having the initial interview the other week as i know the person know who will be running it and also am familiar with the building etc.

Trying not to let my mind think about how i will feel stuck in a room of people etc as i know it will only make me panic!! Trying to focus on other things and not think too much of it.

Got a card in the post this morning from my Big Sis sending me olove and positive thoughts for tomorrow which was really sweet & cheered me up.

Will post again after my first session tomorrow!

Tatty B xx

tracyp584
12-09-05, 16:15
Hey Tatty,

Good luck for tomorrow! lots of positive vibes coming your way!!

Take care,

tracy x x

Meg
12-09-05, 16:25
Good for you Tatty....... looking forward to hearing how it goes.

You can do your homework with our support.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
12-09-05, 16:31
Good luck for tomorrow Tatty.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tattybear
12-09-05, 16:34
Thanks Trace Meg & Karen :)

I am looking forward to it and im sure it will be a good way to meet others in the same boat as me (such as on here) its just the naticipatory anxiety which is making me worry!!

But i've been given the oportunity and im gonna fully embrace it.

Tatty B xx

sal
12-09-05, 16:51
Well done for doing it hun.

Hope it goes really well and cant wait to here how it goes for you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

tattybear
12-09-05, 16:54
Thanks Sal :)

Will let you know how it goes :)

Tatty B xx

sal
13-09-05, 01:41
Best of luck mate. Will be thinking of you.

xxxxxx

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

MikeyT
14-09-05, 09:30
Hi
I have recently finished a course of CBT, which included one to one sessions and then 6 weeks of group sessions.
I really miss the group sessions, because it gave me comfort to be able to relate to other sufferers in person.
Which is why I suppose this forum is the next best thing.
Get as much out of it as you can.
Mick

tracyp584
14-09-05, 11:37
Hey Tatty,

Just checking to see how its all going!! Hopefully well!

tracy x x

tattybear
14-09-05, 15:59
Hi All.... Thanks for all the good wishes & support.

All in all it went ok - I am writing up about it so any one can follow how its going / what i do on the course.

Tatty B xx

nomorepanic
14-09-05, 16:13
Look forward to reading it Tatty

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"