PDA

View Full Version : I want this to go away

Shelly80
13-05-09, 00:09
So I've had this pressure/squeezing in my chest and ribcage area for about a month now. Of course the doctors have dismissed it all as anxiety. I had an stress EKG and Echo about a month ago (I finally get my results next week for goodness sake!) and I'm assuming they will tell me everything is fine with my heart as well.

So I'm going insane here! It feels like its worse some days, almost like it "flares". The past couple days have been bad. I'm doing everything I should be doing to try and control my anxiety if that is the cause, I take my meds, I'm doing yoga therapy yet I still have these horrible sensations. Not pain, just like somone is squeezing my rib cage very tightly and sometimes strange squeezing coming from under my breast area (exactly where my heart is). If it were anxiety, shouldn't I feel more anxious? My heart rate is calm, I'm not in a panic. At least not until I get very frustrated and then I start to go into panic mode. I have tender spots all along my chest bone and collar bone. I feel like a mess.

So now I think I have MS because people with MS get something called the MS hug, which is exactly like what I've been desribing. I'm so depressed because I feel this nearly all the time and nobody can help me.

Sorry guys, just venting a bit. :weep:

angietomjimandcass
13-05-09, 09:21
I am going though this and it can be soooo pain full, the dr gave me codine.

Shelly80
13-05-09, 22:52
Thanks for the reply. No codine for me since I can't really describe this as pain. Maybe I need a real muscle relaxer if it is indeed just muscular.

I just can shake the idea that it is a heart attack or something worse.

nomorepanic
13-05-09, 23:24
Just to reassure you on the heart front - I have had one and you know if you are having one and it would not go on this long I promise.

Shelly80
13-05-09, 23:52
Thank you, every bit of reassurance helps when I get like this. :wacko: