PDA

View Full Version : Single swollen Tonsil :3

Kraggy
13-05-09, 09:06
Well I was just wondering...

Is it normal that during a throat infection only one of the tonsils is swollen and the other one isn't O.o?

xfilme
13-05-09, 10:57
yes, since I had tonsillitis, one of my tonsils just won't do down. A lot of the time it happens on the side you sleep on, mostly due to the bacteria in your mucus covering that area. Try sleeping on the other side maybe.

always-ill
13-05-09, 21:10
Ive had this too, actually one of mine is constantly bigger than the other. Even with a sore throat, one side is usually worse than the other as I can remember spraying the vicks throat spray thingy, 2 squirts to one side and 1 squirt to the other LOL. I dont think it is anything to worry about.
Take care.

reddevil
24-11-09, 09:45
yes, since I had tonsillitis, one of my tonsils just won't do down. A lot of the time it happens on the side you sleep on, mostly due to the bacteria in your mucus covering that area. Try sleeping on the other side maybe.

HI,

I wonder if this is why my right side tonsil is massive. I'm currently having mucus down the back of the throat and I guess when I go to bed, it could be resting on the right tonsil.

Is this a fact or suggestion?

Red