PDA

View Full Version : does anyone get mini-panics?

justbananas
13-05-09, 15:21
sometimes at night when about to sleep, always when laying down.. i feel suddenly like i can't move, can't breathe, and it only lasts for like 5 seconds.. it's so weird. it used to turn into a full on panic but now i just let it pass. what is that ??

kathy.x
13-05-09, 15:27
i get mini-panics! it's not as short as 5 seconds, but is generally about 30 seconds to maybe a minute, but i tend to take a deep breath and drink some water (if i can) and let it go and it passes me by. i'm not sure what it is, but i like to think i'm becomming better at controlling my anxiety :)

justbananas
13-05-09, 16:44
what does it feel like for you?

kathy.x
13-05-09, 19:47
i generally feel a rising feeling of fear and just the feeling that whatever the feeling is means i'm clearly about to collapse and die basically, and i tend to go hot and have the hair on the back of my neck prick up and i generally feel light headed or woozy. afterwards i get tired :(

justbananas
14-05-09, 00:57
sometimes i feel like i literally stop breathing - is this normal?? anyone else have this? it lasts a second or two until i physically move and snap to.

charlotte83
15-05-09, 18:32
sometimes i feel like i literally stop breathing - is this normal?? anyone else have this? it lasts a second or two until i physically move and snap to.

I've had EXACTLY the same thing, tho thankfully not that often. I got really worried I had sleep apnea or something but it feels more like a panic attack as I only get it when I'm really anxious. I sort of feel as if I have stopped breathing and then I shock myself awake or more alert if I wasn't asleep and my breathing is really fast for a few seconds. Don't worry, it really is just panic and it will pass because it had for me. I know how scary it feels tho so you have my sympathy.