PDA

View Full Version : CBT

strawberry1756
13-05-09, 17:32
Hi

I have had 4 sessions of CBT so far and Im not really getting on with it very well. Im finding it really hard, and Im not really keen on my therapist. She said that she didnt really agree that I should be on citalopram because its masking up my grief as my dad died this time last year. The thing is Im on Citalopram because of my Anxiety not because of depression. One minute she talks about being bullied as a child is my problem then the next shes saying its grief. All I want to do is learn how to deal with this intense anxiety that I had for 4 months. Im a lot better now buts thats because of the Citalopram Im worried about whats going to happen when I come off the meds and Ive got no strategy to deal with it. I just dont know what to do next really Im so confused with everything! :huh: Do I drop the CBT and carry on on my own or do I stay with it? The best help Ive had so far is reading Claire Weekes she is absolutley brilliant and says it exactly how it is.

Jen84
13-05-09, 18:32
Dont give up on CBT, it is the best thing for anxiety. I think the problem is the therapist! Are you seeing her privately? if so, look for someone else. You have to be comfortable with the therapist and any good one will understand this.
You can find therapists on bacp.co.uk
Hope this helps.
Jen x