PDA

View Full Version : New to the NMP website and forums

sarahg03
13-05-09, 17:47
Hi my name is sarah I am new to this website it was given to me as a recommendation from mt Dr.

My first panic attack was 1 year ago when i was expecting my 3rd child, it turned out that I had a water infection so the hospital put my symptoms down to that.

Our kids are 5, 3 and 1 as you can guess I have a very busy life style 2 weeks ago last thursday I had the worst panic attack ever, i thought that i was going to die as you do with these things.

I thought that things were going well until monday just gone and we went for a drive with the kids we were about 20 mins from home and another one struck me not as severe as the last one but my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my throat and I was freezing cold, shivering like crazy.

So I went to the Drs and he has prescribed me diazapam to see how i get on with these, there is a history of panic attacks in the mid 20's in my family, mom, dad and sister have all had them and they are telling me not to go on these pills so at the moment they are just in the cupboard as a sort of back up.

I just wanted to say hi and tell u my experiences about anxiety and panic attacks and if anyone can tell me more about them the understanding of them and the tablets that the dr has gave me i would be greatful.

Thanks Sarah

duskess
13-05-09, 20:07
Hello Sarah , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here , glad your doctor recommended the site , if you look on the main menu it tells you about medication and panic attacks, as well as in the forum , take care:welcome: Duskess x

diane07
14-05-09, 12:19
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx