PDA

View Full Version : 25 years of health anxiety

fruit loop
13-05-09, 19:46
Iam so delighted to find that there are others out there like me. I too have suffered every type of cancer known to man, at the moment throat cancer. The pain is real not in my head. Its like the chicken and the egg, what came first. Is the pain caused by anxiety or anxiety by the pain. Today I feel I cant cope anymore, I dont want to have to cope. Ihave suffered on and off for 25 years, taken all sorts of medication, at the moment 1 chlordiazepoxide and 1 cipramil daily. I dont go to the g.p. unless desperate because I am so scared of what I may find out. Two years ago I had a nasty chest infection and my G.P. sent me for chest x rays. I asked "you dont think its lung cancer do you?" to which she replied "I cant rule it out" I went home, sat in my room for 10 days waiting for the results writing my goodbye letters to my six children. One of the worst parts of all this is that I am a smoker!! How stupid. The more I worry, the more I smoke. Years ago I was terrified of not waking in the morning, at the moment I dont want to wake up anymore. Sorry for rambling,feeling desperate at the moment

diane07
13-05-09, 19:49
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

There are lots on here that will understand what you are going through, if you post on the health anx forum i'm sure you will get lots of help and support

best wishes

di xx

duskess
13-05-09, 20:33
Hello and Welcome to NMP, lots of help advice and understanding here, glad you found the site , i would tell my doctor how i am feeling and ask for councelling as you are feeling really down :hugs: you will get help and advice of the members here too , your not alone , take care:welcome: Duskess x

Vanilla Sky
13-05-09, 21:56
Hi there, I know how you feel , I to have had anxiety for a number of years on and of, mainly health anxiety and like you i smoke ! It's crazy i worry about health problems yet i continue to smoke. I tried stopping ( again ) a couple of weeks ago and had major panics so that didnt last so im back on the fags again ! Anyway, nice to meet you and ill see you in chat sometime , Love Paige x

fruit loop
13-05-09, 22:02
:flowers: Thank you all for your welcome. Its great to know Im not alone. I hope I can offer support as well as take advice.