PDA

View Full Version : hello all

pollyanna
13-05-09, 23:14
I found this site by accident today. and couldnt believe some of the posts that i read, they really could have been written by me....
A little about myself. ..... I am 41, a mother of 1 and have suffered from anxiety for over 20 years, i have always been a worrier by nature, but once i got married and left home it became worse, then i had my son, and after a very difficult pregnancy and birth, my anxiety rocketed to levels i didnt know exsisted and add a good measure of depression into the mix and that has been a huge part of my life ever since, i have had spells in those years which have been better than others, but my anxiety at the moment has become much worse and i could compare it to when i first became very unwell after my son was born and was admitted to a pyschiatric ward when he was only 6 weeks old.
The past year has been extremely stressful, just over a year ago my husband was made redundant from a senior management postion,and has still not found any work despite looking for positions all over the country, at the moment we are looking at the prospect of him working and living away from home , after 20 years of marriage, this isnt what we wanted, and with my record of mental ill health, not something that i am looking forward too, but needs must. anyway, it has been a very stressful time for us emotionally and financially, and it isnt over yet, also my mother collapsed at christmas, it was pretty traumatic ,we were out at a restaurant at the time, and i really thought she was gone, she has since recovered, but has remaining health issues, since december i have had period problems, which i am now due to see a gynaecologist next week, which brings me to why my anxiety is so bad right now, i have a severe health phobia, i have been going through hell imagining all kinds of things for the past 8 weeks, ( i even get myself in a terrible state having my blood pressure taken) and as the time gets closer things are getting worse, this week alone, i have had cervical cancer, breast cancer and bowel cancer, convincing myself of these things, i know its irrational, but my anxiety 'switch' setting is far too low, i am just getting a thought , and my anxiety , is going off like a rocket.
I have rambled on a bit i know, sorry:blush:, but i read a few posts today, and it made me feel so much better, , so i thought i would join the no more panic family. thanks for listening x

Vanilla Sky
14-05-09, 11:36
Welcome Pollyanna , you will find it very helpful her and you'll get loads of support , glad you found us your in the right place , the chatroom is fun to Love Paige x

duskess
14-05-09, 13:34
Hello PollyAnna , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here , glad you found the site , take care:welcome: D x