PDA

View Full Version : So what do I do now???

MVP123
14-05-09, 09:40
Hi all, hope you all feeling good today, well I went to the docs last night and poured out everything that I was feeling especially with my head. And don’t get me wrong my doc is really lovely but once again it was all put down to depression, I AM NOT DEPRESSED, STRESSED, WORRIED!!!!! How many times do I have to say it. This time he didn’t even do any blood pressure or anything, and I did say to him ‘how do you know it isn’t anything physical’, so he is sending me for blood tests again, but I don’t know if I will bother, as I have had 2 lots of blood tests in the last 6 months, and they were all fine. Anyway after the docs I did come out feeling better, but this morning it took all my strength to get out of bed and come to work, my head was hurting sooo much, especially in the front area, and my head was really badly buzzing and dizzy like an electrical currant was misfiring or something, and I felt so sick, and now I am at my desk and I just want to cry, I have had enough, I have tried everything, nothing is working and no-one is listening to me. Thanks for letting me off load guys, I am just soooooo frustrated. And you know at first when my headaches started last year I started to think ok they are just tension headaches, cause I never really woke up with them, they just progressed through the day, but now the last few nights I have woke up with them, also during the night I have had to get up and take pain killers, won’t someone please help me, just diagnose me so I can just move on with my life!!!! I don’t think I have got a cold or virus or anything, cause I haven’t got a fever or runny nose or sore throat, so of course I am starting to think the worse again like brain tumour!!! I better post this now before I go on any more.

freudian nightmare
14-05-09, 09:48
hello,
sorry to hear that you're feeling this way, i used to get the same has you headaches and i also always thought the worst.
But try to tell yourself that you've had them now for a year did you say? So it's very unlikely to be anything serious and more likely to be tension than anything else. Hope you'll feel a bit better soon, try and think happy thoughts i know it's hard but sometimes we can think ourselves into feeling a lot worse i know i'm my worst enemy for it. hugsxx

nomorepanic
14-05-09, 12:00
Try drinking loads more water and see if that helps at all.

zippy
14-05-09, 13:39
I know what you mean.I have headaches daily and they are horrendous,either always across the front or just to the left on my forehead.I also get shooting pains in the frontal part as well and my head never feels clear,and they make me feel exhausted to.I also get dizziness and a few week ago i had a migraine which i havent had for years.I know what you mean also about the docs i go and come out and they havent even looked at me and put it down to anxiety.I know its a waste of time asking to see neurologist because i had an mri brain scan last year for something else and it was clear,even though the headaches are almost constant now and are debilitating.Do you have any other symptoms?

itoldyouiwasill
15-05-09, 02:09
Hi all, hope you all feeling good today, well I went to the docs last night and poured out everything that I was feeling especially with my head. And don’t get me wrong my doc is really lovely but once again it was all put down to depression, I AM NOT DEPRESSED, STRESSED, WORRIED!!!!! How many times do I have to say it. This time he didn’t even do any blood pressure or anything, and I did say to him ‘how do you know it isn’t anything physical’, so he is sending me for blood tests again, but I don’t know if I will bother, as I have had 2 lots of blood tests in the last 6 months, and they were all fine. Anyway after the docs I did come out feeling better, but this morning it took all my strength to get out of bed and come to work, my head was hurting sooo much, especially in the front area, and my head was really badly buzzing and dizzy like an electrical currant was misfiring or something, and I felt so sick, and now I am at my desk and I just want to cry, I have had enough, I have tried everything, nothing is working and no-one is listening to me. Thanks for letting me off load guys, I am just soooooo frustrated. And you know at first when my headaches started last year I started to think ok they are just tension headaches, cause I never really woke up with them, they just progressed through the day, but now the last few nights I have woke up with them, also during the night I have had to get up and take pain killers, won’t someone please help me, just diagnose me so I can just move on with my life!!!! I don’t think I have got a cold or virus or anything, cause I haven’t got a fever or runny nose or sore throat, so of course I am starting to think the worse again like brain tumour!!! I better post this now before I go on any more.

If that is the case then why are you posting on an anxiety disorder forum?:shrug:

MVP123
15-05-09, 12:27
Hi,

In answer to the last question I started to come on here when I was first diagnosed with having an anxiety disorder about 8 months ago, and I am still struggling to cope with the physical symptoms I get and putting them down to anxiety and depression, when I feel that I am no longer anxious or worried or depressed, but my doctor keeps telling me I am. And to Zippy, sorry I didn't reply to your question sooner but I felt abs rubbish last night and went straight to bed after work, but anyway the way you describe your headaches are just like mine, and other symptoms include fatigue, dizziness, aches and pains in my legs, nausea, but my head stuff is the scariest. I have also had chest pains, but I still find it hard putting all this down to anxiety especially when I have felt really bad over the last few days, when I haven't been worrying about anything.

Pixel
15-05-09, 14:21
i get headaches 2 and leg and chest pains. i have difficulty in assosiating it all with anxiety but part of me k nows that it is. i find that its worse when im thinking about it which when u worried is all the time. i think that because ur thinking so much about your headaches they seem worse then they are. im not trying to put u down because im exactly the same, its like if only i could take my own advice!!!!

justbananas
15-05-09, 15:26
a piece of info i can offer - trust me - if you *think* you are no longer anxious, that means squat as far as physical symptoms. my symptoms last months beyond a point of high anxiety, and even then often times my anxiety is bubbling beneath the surface. i can be high as a kite and happy as a clam when suddenly i'll get weird head pains, palpitations, weird feelings .. sometimes a whole onset of anxiety, sometimes just a few symptoms. it's a crazy thing, and you can't rule out anxiety as the culprit. it really sounds like that's what it is in this case.

justbananas
15-05-09, 15:28
all that said - if your headaches are getting worse, that's a reason for a doc to be willing to see you and discuss it with you. you shouldn't have to put up with daily pain if it's really debilitating you. just be firm with your doc.

Tink
15-05-09, 21:08
I agree with justbananas. I couldn't understand for a long time why I was getting anxiety symptoms when I didn't think I was anxious. My therapist explained that the negative thoughts are always there stored away or it could be u or getting the headaches which are making u anxious then u get stuck in the viscous cycle again.
It does sound like you are getting anxious about your headaches which in turn will make them worse.
I think you should go back to your docs and know it always help me to be checked out.

Take care xxx

itoldyouiwasill
16-05-09, 00:51
Hi,

In answer to the last question I started to come on here when I was first diagnosed with having an anxiety disorder about 8 months ago, and I am still struggling to cope with the physical symptoms I get and putting them down to anxiety and depression, when I feel that I am no longer anxious or worried or depressed, but my doctor keeps telling me I am. And to Zippy, sorry I didn't reply to your question sooner but I felt abs rubbish last night and went straight to bed after work, but anyway the way you describe your headaches are just like mine, and other symptoms include fatigue, dizziness, aches and pains in my legs, nausea, but my head stuff is the scariest. I have also had chest pains, but I still find it hard putting all this down to anxiety especially when I have felt really bad over the last few days, when I haven't been worrying about anything.

Once your anxiety has manifested itself physically it has become a chronic physical condition. Now, here is the million dollar thing....ONCE YOUR ANXIETY IS PHYSICAL IT IS NO LONGER DETERMINED BY OR DEPENDANT UPON YOUR MENTAL STATE OF MIND! I really can't stress that enough...the fact that you do not feel anxious or depressed at the moment hs zero effect upon your symptoms as the damage has already been done. Consider this, if you overate for years and became overweight and then started a diet you would not then be slim straight away, overnight or even the next week....you are correcting then end result of a lengthy process and it can therefore be a lenghty process.

You have had an anxiety diagnose so accept that and allow your mind and body the time and peace it requires to recover.

melody
16-05-09, 01:10
Hi,

docs always blame constant pain on anxiety or depression. It's a load of rubbish in my opinion. They just say that because they don't have the answers, so they say that to try & explain it. My physio said her clients say acupuncture is good 4 migraines. I haven't tried it yet cause I was sceptical, but I think I will try anything now. I have had these headaches for years most days, with occasional relief days.

If the docs can't help, natural remedies are all there is left. I like a wet teatowel over my face when it's worst. Cools the burning a bit.

As far as the anxiety & depression are concerned, who wouldn't get depressed or anxious if living with this condition. It is a feeling of helplessness & dispair to be ill all the time. The depression makes bearing pain harder, the pain causes sadness, anger, worry etc which can become depression or anxiety. The way the docs put it can feel insulting & patronising. It goes both ways. It's just so frustrating because we want answers, & they don't have them to give us.

Some people say they are lacking magnesium or other supplements can work 4 them. U can get blood tests 2 see if there is any defficiencies in your bloodstream. Sometimes sinus sprays can help. If I had the answers, I wouldn't have been sitting around for the last several days feeling dizzy, nauseous, blurring vision & pulsing head. I can only sympathise really.

Best wishes :)

Melody