PDA

View Full Version : today

lady
14-05-09, 09:51
hey evrey1 my name is lady .i have joined this site today as iam suffering really badly from anxiety to the point where iam not working and scared to be left alone .have citalapram to start taking but iam terrified that it will worsen my anxiety ,,any advice would be helpful xx

diane07
14-05-09, 09:53
A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

I have no experience of meds but there are plenty here that do and will help you out

best wishes

di xx

lady
14-05-09, 09:57
thankyou ..ye i look forward to getting advice and help from people in the same boat
x

bluegirl09
14-05-09, 09:57
hiya i had really bad anx i would be shaking even going to the local corner shop i started on 10mg of citralopram and it was awful too start with but now i wouldnt be without it im much more like my old self my anx is very very low apart from having too fly soon lol yes i would take them they made me much better good luck kat :)

lady
14-05-09, 09:59
just trying to get the courage reaaly to get it started taking them x

Vanilla Sky
14-05-09, 11:22
Hi Lady , Welcome to NMP , you will get great support on here, maybe see you in chat sometime Love Paige x

PoppyC
14-05-09, 11:23
Hi Lady :)
Welcome to the site. :welcome:
There are a lot of good threads/information about Citalopram on here. Hopefully they will of some help to you.

suew
14-05-09, 12:29
Hi,
I know how you are feeling about starting to take the tablets. I have just gone back on them after 2 years off and I fought against taking them for a while. But in the end I decided that if I wanted to get better, then I had to go through with it. I am on day 9 now, not too many side effects, the anxiety is bad in the mornings but I think it would have been without them.
Just take it one day at a time and good luck.

lady
14-05-09, 12:34
thankyou have been sitting here for last 3 hours making myself panic about taking it ...all a vicious ircle really
need to do it just need the guts xx thank you for replying

lady
14-05-09, 12:39
right just swallowed it terrified this is awful but going to try best to stick to it xx

duskess
14-05-09, 13:29
Hello Lady , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here , glad you found the site , theirs lots of advice on Citralopram in the forum , take care :welcome: D x

pollyanna
15-05-09, 09:51
Hi Lady, i know exactly what your going through, i am terrified of taking pills,( for anything,) i always worry what they are going to do to me, it took me a year to pluck up the courage to take beta blockers that i was given by the cardioloigist to help with palpatations, when i eventually got round to taking them, mainly because i couldnt bear it any longer, i made sure i had someone with me the first couple of times i took them, and i had a relaxing and quiet environment, which helped, and now im so glad i did, because they really did help. be brave, keep thinking about the positives... take care x

lindzanne
15-05-09, 10:10
Hi Lady, welcome, I think citalopram has saved me! the side effects can feel a little scary, there is a citalopram survival guide on here that is very helpful, my main side effect were horrible cold sweats through the first few nights but that was all, and then I was fine. So know that is normal and very common if you feel that, it terrified me but i was assured by my doc it was ok! he also told me it was one of the safest meds out there.
Meds arent for everyone, i really resisted them at first too, but am so grateful I have them today. Just wanted you to hear a success story, and that it is possible to power through the initial side effects.
Good luck, this is a really great, supportive site.

suew
15-05-09, 10:16
Hi, just wanted to check up on how you are feeling? Try to keep going, the thing that keeps me going is that I know they will help and I couldn't do it without them.
Good luck....

lady
16-05-09, 13:11
oh thank you well first day i took them only 10mg i was awful but looking back mainly because i got myself in a anxious state before even doing it .then had terrbible thought about harming when trying to sleep .so went to docs next morning as i was so shakey and weak and she was great explained the side effects and has put me on diazapam to counter react that so iam a bit better at moment .3rd day now so will see how i go .thanks for your support x

angel_66
16-05-09, 14:15
Hi lady

A warm :welcome: to the site from me, I too only joined a couple of days ago and I'm finding it to be a brilliant site full of really good information.

I suffer with anxiety/depression and when it started last year was given Citalopram but I had a really bad reaction to it in that it made my throat close up so was taken off it right away. My brother suffered with the same condition and took Citalopram without any side effects and has now been off them for over 2 years now as they helped him enormously to get over it.

Well done to you for taking them, I hope they help you the way they helped my brother.

Take care, Gill xx

lady
16-05-09, 14:55
oh thankyou gill.i have actually taken them before and they helped greatly just that this time i have been far iller and had to really hit rock bottom before forcing myself to take them .all will be okay in the end iam sure ,glad they helped your brother,and i hope you found something to help you to xx

angel_66
16-05-09, 15:17
Hi lady,

I was given Mirtazapine last year which helped me but I gained a lot of weight through taking them so when I came off them earlier this year and had a major relapse I got given Trazodone instead as they are better re the weight gain.

I wish in a way that I could have taken Citalopam as have heard excellent stories from people taking it who have got over their anxiety/depression through taking them. I didn't even know my brother was on them until I got given it last year.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend hun, you know where we are if you ever need us.

Take care :hugs:

lady
16-05-09, 18:26
ye i have been on trazadone before good sedative in them calm s you down ,,,i mostly slept was given them to calm me down for month then i got put on citalapram .feeling okay now actually not worrying as much and laughed for first time in months ,strange feeling lol xx

lady
18-05-09, 06:24
day five and feeeling ruff ruff was so tired yesterday total zombie ..come on hurry and get better x morning all