PDA

View Full Version : advice citlopram

megz
14-05-09, 11:34
Hi i am just looking for a bit of help and advice from someone that has been through similar circumstances to me. I have just started taking citlopram on monday i have been suffering from depression and anxiety attacks for a couple of weeks now, i finally got myself to the docs and they perscribed 20mg a day. Since taking it i seem to be feeling worse i feel like i have hit rock bottom now and there is no way out and i can only think negative thoughts and dwell on the past. i also seem to be suffering evert side affect going. dry mouth, spaced out, diziness, nausea etch. Do these side affects ease up? I would just like some advice of somone that has experienced similar effect and has had a positive outcome!:yesyes:

bluejeans17
14-05-09, 12:32
Hi Megz

The first few weeks are definitely the worst. I am just starting my 6th week and it is only now that I am really beginning to feel good again. The mornings were the worst for me - I wake up full of anxiety but that has eased now. All the side effects you mention are normal and they will eventually fade - you just have to be patient and take one day at a time. You will start having a good day here and there and they will become more plentiful. I found the first two weeks were definitely the hardest but this site is great for reassurance.

Good luck

alias_kev
14-05-09, 21:14
That sounds like the common list of (initial) side effects. There is a very good advice thread in this forum by psychopoet which may help you.

megz
15-05-09, 14:25
Thanx for the advice iam on my 5th day today, feel myself picking up slightly and the side affects seem to be easing up slowly:yahoo: . Just hope it works but at the same time dont want to depend on medication the rest of my life to feel happy. Has any one got any alternative ways of getting over depression?