PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried Zanex?

emm-anj
14-05-09, 13:33
my therapist recommended it as being good/better than valium for when i'm having a panic attack (preferably before when the anxiety starts to build) and that it is a drug specific to anxiety

anyone else ever tried it? how did you find it? thanks

ro44
14-05-09, 14:37
Hi,

Yes, I have taken xanax for the last couple of years. I don't take it everyday, only when I feel I really need it. It has helped me a lot.

Ro

Captain America
14-05-09, 16:26
it's a good quick fix for panic, it does take the edge off and can keep you from sprialing, but don't do what i did....which is to start taking it every day. i got to the point where it didn't work for panic, and i'd panic if i DIDN'T take it.
it's addictive and the effects wear off the more you take it. so i'd say if you're having panick a couple times a week at most, it'd help. more than that, you're better off with something else

emm-anj
14-05-09, 16:32
hi there
thanks for hte replies

I have been recommended it for a fear of flying

he told me to take the xanax; then take diazepam if i need to, then take a sleeping pill if I need to :huh: not sure about all taht but he seemed to think it was ok

anyone else had to use it for this? or anything similar?

Phoebe1
14-05-09, 18:03
I've just got a new prescription for Xanax - I haven't ever taken many but they are a good relaxing med. I only take 125mg (bit of a phobia of taking meds) but it really takes the edge off. Consultant says it tablet G+T

Captain America
14-05-09, 18:16
xanax and diazepam are practically the same thing, just the diazepam is longer lasting. so i'd be careful taking them close together. the diazepam will take longer to kick in but the xanax effect can wear off while it's still in your system. so it's doable, but taking those together along with something like ambien is pretty close to the heath ledger cocktail, so you have to be careful with how much you take. they all slow the system down so watch the amounts.

tom1
14-05-09, 19:51
How did you get xanax in the uk on prescription? Last I heard it was not available/allowed to be used here in the uk...

gypsywomen
07-06-09, 10:09
i got xaax off my doc but privete perscription had to pay cost me 5 pound there ok