PDA

View Full Version : sore area in mouth

louise0501
14-05-09, 15:58
hey, on the roof of my mouth just behind my teeth i have this sore area like a cut or something. any ideas what it could be? could it be mouth cancer?
please reply
Luv Louise

nomorepanic
14-05-09, 16:10
Well it could be a cut like you said.

Dentists are the best people to check out mouth issues.

mave
14-05-09, 16:23
Hi there, I went to the dentist two weeks ago with a sore mouth that has been hanging about for weeks. He said that what I have is the results of a dry mouth caused by stress and anxiety, his advice was to sip water frequently and this will ease the soreness - it worked but he said a dry mouth can cause tooth decay too so make sure to keep it moist. I would advise a quick visit to the dentist to put your mind at rest.

xfilme
14-05-09, 20:50
I get that a lot, but its usually to do with scoulding the roof of my mouth. Sometimes you dont even notice until a day or so later. Have you eaten anything that could have burned it? Like pizza? hot drink? food that hasnt cooled enough? or sometimes stuff like marmite on toast can scrape it... just a suggestion. It doesnt sound to me as if its likely to be cancer to be honest. Do you smoke at all? Even with heavy smokers the most likely place would be under your tongue. I would say they chances of it being cancer are very very minimal. Try buying some Bongela. It will prob disappear in a day or two x