PDA

View Full Version : H Pylori

ShirleyM
26-08-05, 09:03
Hi

I have been feeling under the weather for a few weeks now and put it down to my anxiety, I have been having constant heartburn every day. I went to the GP and he said that he would test me for H Pylori, the test came back Positive. This has now thrown me into a state of anxiety and I keep thinking about what is underlying behind all this and also the GP said the antibiotics they give you to treat the H Pylori can make your really ill. I have a bit fear of taking meds anyway so this is scaring the life out of me.

But the other thing is I can't cope with felling so ill and the constant heartburn. Doeas anyone know if I get treated for H Pylori will the heartburn go away

All this has started my anxieties and panic off again big time, just whenI was improving. Has anyone else had H Pylori and did the meds make them ill and did your symtoms improve after taking the meds.

Thanks so much

Piglet
26-08-05, 11:51
A friend of mine had this last year (she thought it may have been due to some dodgy chicken she'd ate) it lasted for 2-3 weeks and because she had left it till nearly week 3 before going to the GP's he said she could choose whether to have the antibiotics or just let it run its natural course.

I always thought you had to have the antibiotics to clear it up regardless but now I'm not sure?

I do hope you feel better soon.

Love Piglet:)

Meg
26-08-05, 14:27
Hi Shirley

Yes you will need antibiotics to clear this up but its a shortish couse and uses everyday household antibiotics but they together can make you feel sick, diarrhoea and you can't drink but yes if your heartburn is due to H pylori you will be much improved afterwards..

Piglet- she would not have got H pylori from chicken ..

I know I've answered this and explained H pyori on detail somewhere else on here but can't find it right now. You can use the search facility to find it if you want to .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

carlin
26-08-05, 14:32
Hi Shirley,
my husband had this a few years ago, took antibiotics (without any side-effects) and the problem disappeared. It is well worth it to feel better. take care and keep in touch. xxxx

carlin
26-08-05, 14:34
sorry, it's me again, hubby just yelled at me...he had a little bit of diarrhoea, nothing too sinister though....xxxxxxxx

Piglet
26-08-05, 14:42
Thanks for that Meg,

I think the doctor maybe told her this was one of the things he was testing for and she confused it, not even sure if the chicken was a red herring (sorry lol) not that I would know one way or the other.

I must admit though with my limited knowledge I did think you had to take antibiotics to clear it, like you said.

Love Pig x

ShirleyM
28-08-05, 19:08
Hi All

Thanks for your replies that has been helpful, I am feeling a bit better today. I have spoken to the doc and have postponed taking the antibiotics for a week as I'm away on business next week. Doctor siad another week won't make a difference.

Has anyone tries Paul McKennas book Change you life in 7 days? I am finding it useful for trying to think more positively.

Shirley

Meg
28-08-05, 21:18
Sensible plan of action

Good luck next week

Sue K with 5
29-08-05, 01:08
I know how heartburn feels and it brings you down.

Welcome to the site like everyone has said the information on here is very good and you will get some great support

I hope you feel better soon

tc

scknight

Dorothy
23-09-08, 21:49
Hi Shirley I have dreadful heartburn/acid reflux and just tested positive for h pylori bacteria .Tried the course of antibiotics but only managed two days as nausea was so bad. Worry about not having it treated as it can cause problems. going for an ultrasound but dontfancy an endoscopy so hope they dont suggest it. Take care

jannnne
24-09-08, 08:15
Hello, I had HP about 5 years ago and I took the treatment, It took a good 6 months for my digestion to recover back to normal. I have been told I have acid reflux now and I they have retested me for HP. The treatment was fine, it did give me thrush though as it is quite intense, but its only a weeks worth and as HP can increase your risk of stomach cancer slightly I thought it was worth it. I did not like the thought of just leaving it. Hope you are feeling better.

Blinkyrocket
25-01-16, 05:02
Any infection can actually be a factor in causing anxiety, I don't see it as something to be anxious about but instead, a diagnostic tool. Doctors need to study the effects of infectious bacteria more, the treatment of antibiotics for h pylori can just leave you vulnerable for candida though. But, ridding yourself of any infection should be helpful in and of itself, unless the treatment causes negative effects too (leaves vulnerable for Candida/ kills good gut bacteria etc.)
Dang, this is an old post, forgot that I arrived here by Google search instead of recent posts.