PDA

View Full Version : Something Stuck

DufusMaximus
14-05-09, 16:03
Hi all

I've posted a few times on here about throat issues. I've read quite a lot about Globus and GERD (Reflux) etc...most of what I read (other than a few postings) seems to point to "lump in the throat sensation"....I do have this but I also have "something stuck in throat sensation"....Does anyone else get this?

cheers!

amandaj
14-05-09, 16:11
ive had this loads of times in the past ,its usually anxiety causing it it feels horrible but it wont hurt you

DufusMaximus
14-05-09, 16:18
ive had this loads of times in the past ,its usually anxiety causing it it feels horrible but it wont hurt you
Hi Amanda...do you get the something stick thing then? I've seen loads of posts talk about the lump feeling but not that many who describe it as like there is something stuck???

Thanks!!

amandaj
14-05-09, 17:14
i had this the other day, im sure i posted about it aswell yes i get it regularly, its like something is lodged there its horrible

DufusMaximus
14-05-09, 17:50
i had this the other day, im sure i posted about it aswell yes i get it regularly, its like something is lodged there its horrible
Hi Amanda

Where is yours...high or low in your throat?

Thanks
Nick

amandaj
15-05-09, 09:39
high nick wheres yours?

PoppyC
15-05-09, 09:43
Hi
I get this a lot and I am sure its to do with anxiety. I usually get it when feeling anxious. I feel that I am going to choke and the ambulance wont get to me until I have died and that I will die not being able to breathe. Mad I know!
I have to avoid certain foods as I feel like I will choke on them too. I wont touch fish at all - and I have to check my food before I eat it to make sure there is nothing I can't choke on. Its probably why I am so slim!!! lol
I sometimes have to make myself be sick to get rid of the feeling and that works for me - but its not recommended! :lac:
I have a real fear of choking :wacko: