PDA

View Full Version : Job searching & anxiety

PoppyC
14-05-09, 16:18
Hi
I work from home whilst I have been unwell but now feel that I need to get back to working away from home, now that I am beginning to feel better even if not fully.
I started job searching today, but theres nothing :lac: absolutely nothing either :scared15:
I now feel anxious because I am going through the whole 'What If' thing with What If I never get a job anywhere ever again and What If I am doomed to spend the rest of my life job searching. I like working from home but its too isolating although I don't like being surrounded by too many people.
I am going to go to college or do voluntary work but I want to earn money obviously. Since job searching today, my previous happy mood, has now gone.
:weep:

NoPoet
14-05-09, 16:33
This is another problem I also suffer with and I think it is what sent me down the slippery slide into depression and anxiety. All I can say is if you need support and reassurance to face this then get it from a counsellor, from friends, listen to music while job searching.

Also thinking of the good things a job will bring for you: more company, more money, self-satisfaction at having employment, security for the future, something to concentrate on... there are a lot of good things about having a job. I spent some time discussing this today at Mind and it has helped dispel some of my worry.

PoppyC
14-05-09, 17:19
Do you suffer with this as well Poet? Did it help talking about it?
I think not working, as in not working around other people, working from home, is really depressing and isolating. I must be getting better because I am itchy to get back out to work and just to get out there, rather than being in my cosy home with my problems. I don't like lots of people around me - just a couple of them will do lol. I used to love working around lots of people too until I got unwell.
Thats a good idea - listening to music whilst job searching. I will do that.
I moved here last November and really there is nothing here apart from farmers. lol....I have looked at all the surrounding areas and there is nothing. :lac:
I hate recessions! :mad: