PDA

View Full Version : Phsyciatric Evaluation

Peru83
26-08-05, 10:12
Well the long wait is now over as I got a letter through the door thismorning from out local mental health hospital giving me an appointment for my Phsyciatric Evaluation! I'm a mixture of things this morning, I'm relieved, happy, nervous, anxious but most of all glad that the ball is rolling to make me, me again!

My appointment is next friday at 10am so wish me luck that they wont find me a complete nutcase and keep me there,lol.

Just wanted to let you all know as I'm quite pleased I thought it would be ages yet as they said months to me.

Well everyone take carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

tony
26-08-05, 10:53
good luck claire xxx,funny how we where talkin about this yesterday..lol,i have been through it nothing to worry about,think about it as your first step to recovery

metal,rock, and hardcore music is my life!

Piglet
26-08-05, 11:45
Hi Claire,

That's smashing - will look foward to hearing how you get on.

Love Piglet :)

Quirky
26-08-05, 11:49
Good luck Claire. I've been through it too, nothing to worry about, they are there to help you. If you have any questions for them write a list as it's easy to forget once you're there.
Take care,
LJ

Meg
26-08-05, 14:44
Use this opportunity as well as you can Claire

Go prepared with questions etc.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

kate
26-08-05, 15:56
Hi Claire,

Pleased to hear that your appointment has come through.

I've also been through it myself, I too was nervous but it was fine, honest!

Let us know how you get on.

Kate x

pips
26-08-05, 16:28
That's great Claire,

I am pleased for you. Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

paladin806
26-08-05, 21:02
Hi, Congratulations Claire, This is the start of coming alive again. Make sure you make a note of the things you want to know,Good luck, Take care John.

Peru83
01-09-05, 17:31
Thank you everyone for your reply's, :).

Well the appointment is tomorrow and what have I gone and done.........Lost the letter and the map for directions! only me!lol.
I have phoned them up and they have given my directions over the phone. Not that it was of any help I am no further forward, I have forgotten already, [:P]. It's this forgetfulness that I have at the mo, it's enought to drive you potty! I think that I have a fair idea, the plan is to phone a taxi and ask them, lol.

Well away to go and have tea and have a bath will be in chat later, as always :). Will let you all know how I get on tomorrow, nervous as sin right now[Sigh...][Ugh] but trying not to dwell on it.

Take Carexx and thanx for reading

Claire

tammyg
01-09-05, 17:36
Good idea, let the taxi worry about the directions!

Good luck, try to relax (as hard as it sounds!) remember how glad you were when you got the appointment.

Tam x

Karen
02-09-05, 01:23
Good luck for tomorrow Claire.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Peru83
02-09-05, 09:17
Thats me up and ready to go, I'm feeling awful today! I'm as pale as a ghost and light headed, I know it's probably that I'm nervous but I'm feeling really sick. Trying not to dwell on it away to finish getting ready and phone my taxi as I want to be early so that I have time to find where I am going!

Well thats me off guys doing my 7/11 breathing, not helping though, :-(.

Will let you all know how I get on.

Take Carexxx

Claire

Meg
02-09-05, 10:20
Hope it goes well Claire

Meg x

tattybear
02-09-05, 10:39
Hope today goes well claire.

Tatty B xx

Piglet
02-09-05, 12:26
Hi Claire,

Look forward to hearing about it later.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Peru83
02-09-05, 13:43
Well thats me been, and I'm feeling very good about my self now. I have found out that all of my problems including my depression are all stress related! Plus most of my stress problems are my Mum and my Partner!

She is putting me forward for CBT an 8 week course, it's on a friday, unfotunatly I'm only free between 9 and 11am on Friday so if I can't make it to that then my Dr said that she will just have to do one on one sessions with me but cover the CBT course! :). She was so lovely and made me feel so relaxed, she actually commented that for someone dealing with a stress problem you don't look like wich made me feel good. I don't know about any of you but I constantly worry that strangers in the street can see whats wrong with me, so if a Phsyciatrist wasn't able to tell that then I'm happy!

Thank you all for you replies

Take Carexx

Claire

Meg
02-09-05, 14:16
Thats great news Claire ..

I do hope you can manage to get to the course.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
02-09-05, 16:17
That's great news Claire. I'm glad she was so helpful. The course sounds good.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.