PDA

View Full Version : Having a moment

Ross44
14-05-09, 20:07
Hi, just trying to keep myself busy with something else other than thinking about my pulse rate and heart stopping. Came home and decided to see what my pulse rate was, it was 56 bpm and now I cant help thinking thats low and that my heart is slowing down and that my breathing is shallow. I know it sounds crazy but I keep stop stressing. :-(

lorac
14-05-09, 20:22
Hi Ross

Welcome to the site you will get lots of good advice and support on here from people who really understand.

Ross I know what you are going through I have been there and done all those things try and calm down because I'm sure everything is ok.

Take care

Carol

duskess
14-05-09, 20:33
Hello Ross , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here , glad you found the site, your not alone , take care:welcome: d x

bottleblond
14-05-09, 21:45
Hi Ross

Welcome to NMP!

There are so many people here who suffer from health anxiety and check our bodies continualy for abnormalities.
Your heart sounds healthy and relaxed so try not to panic.

Have a read though the forum and i am sure you will find many members in a similar situation to yourself.

Nice to meet you

Lisa

Veronica H
14-05-09, 21:56
:welcome: Ross. Glad you have found us. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can not recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover.

Veronica

amandaj
15-05-09, 11:28
hi ross lots of us feel same way you do on here , youll get lots of help and advice
amanda

Vanilla Sky
15-05-09, 11:34
Ross , I used to worry that my heart was beating to fast , then i would worry it was beating to slow . This is the anxiety and you have zoomed it in on your heart. We cant hear our other organs which is why we seem to focus on what we can hear and feel just to worry ourselves stupid lol . Your heart is just doing it's usual job , nothing is going to happen it's all in your head and thats anxiety that is causing you to tune in so deeply, you'll be fine hun Love Paige x

Ross44
15-05-09, 20:40
Hi, thanks for all your kind words and comments. Sadly it was a bad moment in the end yesterday and resulted in my worse panic attack ever, so much so I was taken to hospital. Things came back fine but it was the worst night of my life. Had another panic attack today but not as bad. I am now going to really try hard and help myself and this site seems like a great place to start.
Thank you all ;-)

Vanilla Sky
15-05-09, 21:21
It is a good place to start Ross . I have been to A&E a few times myself thinking i was having a heart attack . Did they suggest you see your doctor about maybe getting some meds to help ? It certainly worked for me , it gave me breathing space to recover. I am now of all meds and doing fine . Come into the chatroom and have a chat with us , it's good to share it makes you feel not so alone . You will get plenty support here Paige x