PDA

View Full Version : 31Chloe saying hello

31chloe
15-05-09, 11:34
Hi, I would like to introduce myself. I am a 31 year old woman who is fighting hard to overcome a two year disaster with depression/anxiety medications and my own anxiety/depression problems.

I am currently coming off a medication and it is making me very sick. The doctors wanted me to come off it quicker than I am, but the withdrawals are so awful, (shaking, sweats, headaches, amplified depression, nausea, pain in centre of chest upon waking) that I am only now just down to the last 10mg and I am frightened to 'take the leap' and do down to nothing.

The reason I am finally saying no to medication after two years of trying all kinds of types, is that my ears are ringing like crazy and I think this has to do with my latest medication.

Has anyone else experienced awful withdrawals? It is so comforting to be writing about this to people who may have experienced similar effects. Its been a lonely time for me.

Thank you so much for reading about me, I hope to get to know some of you soon.

Chloe

Vanilla Sky
15-05-09, 11:39
Hi Chloe , welcome to NMP you have found the right place, you will find support and understanding here. I do not have any experience of withdrawls but I'm sure someone will post you . You are not alone Love Paige x

diane07
15-05-09, 12:12
Hi Chloe,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way, i have no experience of meds but there are plenty here that do.

best wishes

di xx

lorac
15-05-09, 17:36
Hi Chloe

Welcome to the site I think you will make some goods friends on here get lots of good support and advice.

Take care

Carol

duskess
15-05-09, 22:27
Hello Chloe , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here, glad you found the site, can you not go down to 5mgs , i would have a chat to my doctor and raise my concerns , take care:welcome: d x

Fabulous
23-05-09, 01:00
Hi Chloe,

I am new to this. My doctors have pushed for me to go on antidepressants for a while now and I finally started about 4 weeks ago. I started off with Lexapro and then changed to Zoloft. I had adverse affects on both. Full on anxiety 24/7. Last week I decided to stop the Zoloft. I have continued to have all the side affects. Night sweats, internal shaking all the time, full on headaches, heart palpitations and many more. Hang in there. You are not alone. My neurologist wants me to start taking xanax but the GP doesn't. I am too scared to take anything but I am sick of living like a recluse. Hope by now you are feeling slightly better.

Regards

Gina:flowers: