PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really anxious

anx mum
15-05-09, 12:40
:weep: Had 2 good days and today feeling really anxious this panic and anxiety really wears u down i feel im excisting really want 2 b normal for my boys feel a fauile 2 them. Just wish this would dissappear:weep: :weep: :weep:

sarahg03
15-05-09, 12:47
Hi Anx

I know how you feel I have got 2 young boys at home and a girl at school they are 5,3 and 1.

Try and think of the positive that you will get better feeling this way is only temporary and you will get better its just a matter of time.

I read a really good post on here about diet, I was drinking quite a lot of tea with caffine in and I have been on caffine free for a couple of days and I am already starting to feel better.

Also try writing down your feelings it will give your mind something to focus on and the feelings will go away and you will be able to see if there are any triggers to you feeling anxious.

Dont feel too down about it remember we are all in the same situation here and at anytime we are all here to help each other.

Take care and just remember no matter what your boys will always love you unconditionally
Big hugs x:hugs:

Pixel
15-05-09, 14:35
Im the same, i suffer with terrible anxiety depression obssesive thougths, the lot, and i have a 3 year old son. i feel like its taking away my time with him and that when i do spend time with him my mind is elsewhere. it worrys me a lot but hes such a happy little boy. im open with my son even tho he 3, i tell him the truth, like mammys a bit sad, but its ok to be sad. I think its important to let them know wots going on, because ive been on the opporsite side too, my mother was depressed and she used to tell me that you shouldnt cry or shed hide so i wouldnt see but i could.

Vanilla Sky
15-05-09, 15:37
Believe me , it's good you have the kids to look after because in a strange way they will keep you going ! Mine are grown up now and having had anxiety on and of for so long now , i think thats why i am taking longer now to get over a bout because i only have myself to think about . I only realised that recently. I seem to get caught up in being a bit selfish and thinking to much about me ! But when my kids have a problem and they need me, i forget about the anxiety , forget about myself and i'm ok . They took up so much of my time they were all i thought about and now i feel like i have empty nest syndrome lol . Kids are far more resilient than we think , i had my bad days when mine were young but they are ok it certainly has'nt affected them , if any thing they are very aware that none of us are perfect and they are understanding of depression and anxiety . They turned out into good adults and your boys will to Love Paige x

shaz36
15-05-09, 19:11
hi anx mum

Feeling a bit of a failure is normal but what you need to focus on is the fact you have your boys. Try to focus on all the good things you do with them, being a mum is the hardest thing in the world and no-one gives us a manual. I am lucky my eldest is 11 and she actually understands and every mornign she asks me how i am feeling and how i slept and wakes me with a coffe and at night she asks me how my day was and how i coped. i have to admit she is an angel and when i feel a failure i look at her and it helps me to realise that i must have been doing something right as she is so precious and i made her. Day at a time honey i had a good day today but had a massive attack at work and fainted again, but wey hay one day at a time
Keep your chin up and try to focus on the good things you do no matter how small. What age are your boys
xx

shaz36
15-05-09, 19:13
pixel

Your post was beautiful, its so nice that you explain in a way that your son understands. Hold your head up and be proud that you have that relationship. I think what you are doing is wonderful and he will not be confused when you are sad. big huge massive well done
xx

sarell
15-05-09, 19:47
i think the important thing to remember, is that you are not alone there are lots of us out there. thats one thingh this site has shown me and i've only been on here a few days. As the others say its good that we have the kids to help keep us on track.
thinking of you all sarah

shaz36
15-05-09, 19:53
Sarah

I think you are spot on i think thats what keeps us going, i am luckier i suppose than a lot of other people on this site in the respect that i don't feel a failure really. All my panic attacks are at work even though i don't dislike my job or find it particularly stressful. they just come out of nowhere. they can happen before i start like on mon and thur or when i am in the middle of a call. its the weirdest thing. i am trying not to think about it too much as the dioctor told me that the reason they are now so severe is that my body has learned the process and wants to fast track me to the faint as quickly as possible, which in a call centre of 250 doesn't help ha ha
xx