PDA

View Full Version : pressure in head

helpme!
15-05-09, 16:43
ive had this horrible feeling of pressure in the head i woke up this morning and it felt as if i had massive thunderstorms in my head.i'm scared theres something wrong with my brain but ive had a brain scan and eet-both normal.its really scary i find i get a good few days a month then it hits me again.i've got a slight pain in my head but not too debilitating i'm just scared.i'm also getting what feels like a zap through the head followed by derealisation like im not here very scary.again this dont happen every day just now and again but thats enough!i get personality changes meaning i'm ok somedays then say really nasty things to my partner who doesnt understand this whole anxiety thing i never used to be nasty only happy.i also get distubing thoughts about harming people i love and they distress me and if im out and feel faint i have strong visions in my mind of me collapsing and people rushing around me and me loosing consciousness.ive been having these feelings for 4 years and no harm has come to me but its very scary .the prozacs still in the cupboard too anxious to even take it i also get this horrible feeling that i'm not going to be alive long i'm just worn out by it all how on earth was my brain scan normal when all of this is going on?anyone going through all this as well?please help me.

House fan
15-05-09, 17:16
Hi Helpme

The brain does not register pain. It sends out messages to other parts of the body to express pain, but it has no sensory nerve endings, so it cannot feel pain. It is not a brain tumour, your headaches are more than likely muscular tension brought on by anxiety.

House.