PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks mainly in tummy

sarell
15-05-09, 17:58
Does anyone else have to go to loo and i don't mean for a pee when they have a panic attack. Because of this i've avoided doing things etc for years. I'm now having CBT, but just wondered if i'm alon because it certainly feels like it.
sarah

MOJO
15-05-09, 18:10
No, you're not alone because my nerves always affect me in this way. Straight to my stomach. I even used to have this problem if I got nervous about anything before I actually suffered from full blown anxiety/panic attacks.

sarell
15-05-09, 18:14
Thankyou Judy, you really can't imagine the smile thats on my face now. xxxxxx

bobobob
15-05-09, 18:26
Oh boy. I have to know where the loo is where ever I am. You are not alone. Didn't know I hd so much to evacuate... wind.

shaz36
15-05-09, 18:42
hi there

This is quite normal, its can be caused by the perception of danger and for some reason this can have a rather unexpected effect on your bowels.... if it wasn't so damn inconvenient it would be kind of funny.

sarell
15-05-09, 18:44
Thanks again you lot, i'm so glad i've found this site and will recommend it to the people in the Building self esteem course that im on. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

shaz36
15-05-09, 18:55
sarell, i am really new to this site and only joined a couple of days ago, you said you are in a building self esteem course, how is that for you. i have just started CBT and councelling through my work. Is there an easy way to use this site so that i know when someone has replied to me or is it just a case of checking each of the threads.
Are your panic attacks regular and do they result in you fainting, mine never used to but have started to now
xx

waylaw
15-05-09, 19:03
you are not alone, i am exactly the same, i sometimes wonder where it all comes from. ithink i have the biggest supply of loperamide in the world.
xxx

shaz36
15-05-09, 19:05
do you get any other symptoms of panic attacks, everyones seem to be so different from mine i feel quite lonely about it all, almost freikish (spelling awful i know ha ha) x

sarell
15-05-09, 19:41
reply to shaz, i'm new too, so i dont know how to use it any better than you do, i've gone top the building self esteem for 2 weeks now, its a 5 week course, its helping, got to remember the positves and try and forget the negatives.
best of luck hun

shaz36
15-05-09, 19:43
cheers hon same to you. i am on week 1 of my CBT and councelling so i'll let you know how that goes, keep in touch and let me know how you get on
x:D

Louize
16-05-09, 23:28
Not alone - I suffer from wind and the urge to go to the toilet.. I now have toilet radar everywhere i go - i look for the toilets the minute i walk into a place just incase.