PDA

View Full Version : Shaky hand thing!

Satellite
15-05-09, 19:46
Some years ago - while I was at college as a mature student - I picked up a cup to take a drink of coffee - and my hand did this inredible shake, making me really wobble the cup back and forth :blush: I'm not sure whether anyone even noticed - but it freaked me out and left me with a fear of drinking in public

If I wanted a coffee out I would be very picky about what kind of cup I got and how full it was!!! It's not so bad now - but it hasn't fully gone away.

Anyone else had this? I don't know what brought it on. Bazaar isn't it?!

sarell
15-05-09, 20:23
my hands do it sometimes, i just laugh and say to who evers about, "have to excuse me, im having a mrs overall moment" if i laugh it off it dont seem so bad, also keeping my elbow grounded helps.

Meewah
16-05-09, 00:15
Hi

I have the same. It came from been young and people beeing critical when I wrote.

See my earlier thread.
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24295

Mee

Carefree
16-05-09, 14:27
I developed shaky hands in University.. was so bad for a while I was scared to eat and drink in front of people because my fork would shake violently when trying to pick up food :roflmao:

It was just stress/anxiety/self-consciousness..

It comes back to me a little now when I have really high blood pressure.. but never the way it used to be years ago.. Lots of people have shaky hands I've later found it.. quite normal. Even Gordon Brown's hands shake when he's stressed and he's the PM (unelected though I'd like to add :shrug:).. so don't be hard on yourself :)

Satellite
14-07-09, 19:57
Just a quick thank you to people who have shared there experiences on this subject so far.

I had the shaky fork thing too at the time that I was experiencing the shaky cup thing - I'd forgotten that bit!

Sarell - I like your Mrs Overall thing - very funny. I'll have to use that one if you don't hold the copyright?!! :)

JohnBliss
15-07-09, 18:11
I identify with you completely and have been this way for twenty five years.
If I can put it out of my mind the shaking does not happen,if I focus on it it can happen. If I feel shaky I just delay the drink until I have settled into the situation /company which has triggered the situation -it always passes and the hands steady as I become settled and relaxed.
Regards
John

valleybear
15-07-09, 21:15
I have had this too. Very bad several years ago and made worse when a relative whom I was visiting said "why are your hands shaking?" Like she thought I had DT's or something!! Got used to it abit and just had to be extra careful when lifting things. All gone now and hasn't come back for years so hope yours does the same lol. xx