PDA

View Full Version : Lump in Neck?!

carrie23
15-05-09, 21:07
Hiya.

I hope its nothing but I was wondering if I could get any advice. I don't really want to go to my doctor because I have been going there a lot recently for various problems (swelling in breast, pain and swelling of throat, constant tiredness) and by the look on my Doctors face when I go in I feel that they may be getting sick of the sight of me because of my health worries.

Last night I rubbed the back of my neck to find a small, pea sized lump located just to the right of my spine (sort of in the muscle) about 2cm below where the base of my skull is. WHat could this be? I've read a lot about lymph nodes but didn't think that it could be that far down from the base of my skull and actually in the muscle which is why I'm asking. However I have noticed that I have had a white head spot recently (sorry if too much info) on the same side in my hair line which makes me think it could be a lymph node just swelling due to the infection caused by the spot?

Any ideas? thanks.

nomorepanic
15-05-09, 21:40
Are you sure it isn't a boil or cyst?

carrie23
17-05-09, 20:41
no its definitely under the skin and not in the skin. still there after a few days... just worrying me slightly!

nickieb
17-05-09, 21:22
This sounds like a lymph node. You may have a virus, keep an eye on it over the next few week & if it doesnt go or gets bigger see your GP x

carrie23
17-05-09, 21:42
Thanks! I was wondering if it was a lymph node. I'll keep an eye on it :)