PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to the site

Gem86
16-05-09, 00:20
Hi All.

Iv'e Suffered with agoraphobia for most of my life and am mainly looking for
help with coping techniques as i am no longer leaving the house alone at all.

I also suffer with very bad social phobia and cant cope well with stranger's especially school children in uniform's as that is from childhood trauma mainly bullying.

So any advice or help is welcome.

Thanks loads
:welcome:

duskess
16-05-09, 00:45
Hello and Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding members here ,are you having any help councelling etc , your not alone , you will get lots of advice here , take care :welcome: d X

Gem86
16-05-09, 03:42
No i am not getting any counselling, i was under the CMHT but after one meeting they felt that i did not have to much of a problem even though i told them everything about my life and how i'm feeling they discharged me and now i'm getting no help i am on medication prescribed by my GP but even they are not sure what help the tablets are to me.

I have been refered by the GP for CBT treatment but so far have not heard anything i have asked but no reply as of yet.:unsure:

xBettyBoopx
16-05-09, 03:51
Welcome to NMP puddleduck.

The forum is great for getting information & people know what they are talking about here, first hand.

There is loads of information down the left hand side to read.

I know how you are feeling, a lot of us do here.

I hope you get your CBT soon, keep calling the drs, hassle them.

Els

amandaj
16-05-09, 11:44
welcome to nmp lots if us feel the same as you youll get lots of help here
mandax

Gem86
17-05-09, 14:23
Thank you all for your messages of support it means alot to know there's helpful people out there.:bighug1:

Acorn
17-05-09, 17:35
Hi Wifey,

Hope you find this site as useful as i do.

Love you forever

Paul

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

xx

belle
17-05-09, 18:03
Hi and welcome :)

x

pennyforyourthoughts
18-05-09, 16:54
I think you will benefit from CBT - I did. What was most useful was the time spent with the therapist and being able to explain why I felt the way I do.
Then practising the techniques once the sessions were over. My doctor also recommended CBT and it didn't take long before my sessions started. If you don't get any joy soon, please keep pestering. The sooner the better. Also try the CBT for Dummies - I bought this and find it useful as a point of reference and as a refresher. Hope this helps.