PDA

View Full Version : The dreaded bad taste in my mouth

Valka
16-05-09, 03:06
Hi guys,
I'm on my 5th week of Cipralex (having taken it twice before with good results) and this week has been a hundred times better for me than the last. Today though I was slightly knocked back because I woke up with this weird taste in my mouth. Thing is, when I had a massive panic attack 4 weeks ago (my first one in a really long time) it was accompanied by the same awful taste, which seemed to hit me at the same time as the wave of panic washed over me unexpectedly. The taste stuck around for a couple of weeks and I'm pretty sure it's either a (new) side effect of the Cipralex, an anxiety symptom or a combination of both. But when it came back today it immediately made me worry I was going to get yet another panic attack and have a relapse. You know the drill - once you start worrying about an impending panic attack it tends to be all downhill from there. The excessive yawning/worries about breathing also started to pester me again. I also started worrying - yet again - that this was a symptom of some horrible heart disease and that my panic attacks were actually all about a heart problem and not actual anxiety. I managed to calm myself down and am feeling better now, thankfully, but I just wanted to ask:
a) Has anyone had this as a side effect of Cipralex
and
b) Does anyone have any tips on getting rid of it?
I found several threads dealing with weird tastes in people's mouths but thought I'd put these two questions out there anyway.

Thanks in advance! :blush:

Georg
30-08-09, 15:09
Oh yes, bad taste/dry mouth is the most common side effect of cipralex. I have it right now :D
I know what it feels like when you link every odd symptom you feel in your body to something bad, but the bad taste you can definitly rule out. Its caused by a lack of saliva production, which again causes the bad taste.

You can get harmless sucking tablets to raise your saliva level, ask your GP