PDA

View Full Version : Trembling inside - a possible cause

xfilme
16-05-09, 10:17
Okay so Ive been trembling on the inside now for about the last five weeks. Ive been freaking out something awful and cannot seem to make it stop. It started with tonsillitis, then a bad sinus infection, then a chest infection. All of the infections have practically gone except for a mucus buildup that is still managing to linger on.

So anyway, I was looking through old threads of people experiencing similar and was surprised to see how many people said it started with the likes of bronchitis, sinus infections, chest infections and so on.... so I looked to see if it was a common symptom when healing.

I came across some info on Wikipedia about Pseudoephedrine. many of you, like myself will not realise that it is the main ingredient in most decongestants/expectorants. I have been using Sudafed Expectorant on and off daily for the last 3 weeks and 2 weeks of decongestant tablets prior to that. Very common side effects are palpitations and trembling. Both of which are causing me great problems. It is do do with the fact that the drug itself constricts the bloodflow to certain blood vessles surrounding your muscles etc, which is great for reducing the swelling when you have chest/sinus probs, but can emphasise blood flow around the muscles, giving the sensation of trembling.

I am going to stop using my decongestant entirely, and I shall let you all know if the symptoms disappear.

suzy-sue
16-05-09, 10:41
I always use Olbas oil when I have a lot of mucus.Put a few drops on a tissue and enhale,it breaks it down and I find it really helps.Crystalized ginger is very good for chest infections as it has anti inflammatory properties . Sometimes its better to take a more natural form of help with these problems. I never find medicines help .Now I know why. Hope you feel better soon .Luv Sue x

xfilme
16-05-09, 11:17
I always use Olbas oil when I have a lot of mucus.Put a few drops on a tissue and enhale,it breaks it down and I find it really helps.Crystalized ginger is very good for chest infections as it has anti inflammatory properties . Sometimes its better to take a more natural form of help with these problems. I never find medicines help .Now I know why. Hope you feel better soon .Luv Sue x

Yes I agree. I have been studying nutrition and natural healing for about 4 years now and avoid medication at all costs. I had been suffering bad health anxiety and was taken over by a phase of laziness when it came to home treatment, once again thinking maybe it would just be easier to take a medication. I honestly believe it would have disappeared a long time ago had i not used any medication. The only reason I chose the expectorant was because i am doing a 27 mile sponsored walk tomorrow and I was paranoid i was going to be ill for it if it all came back worse. So i took it as a precaution to shift it off my chest, but ironically, i think that is the only thing that has prolonged my illness. I should know better to be honest. I always use natural remedies, but gave medication a shot because of the time frame. Another lesson learned x

xfilme
25-05-09, 21:05
ok, so i stopped my expectorant just over a week ago. two days ago the inner shaking stopped, and to date, hasnt returned. I dont know if its coincidental or due to stopping the expectorant, but i would advise anybody who is getting the inner trembling and using an expectorant/decongestant to give it a go for a week without using it... it may just stop for you as well. i shall let you know if it comes back x