PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new

Crystal
26-08-05, 19:37
I just discovered this site. I have been in recovery from panic anxiety and depression for a year and a half after eight solid years of suffering. I was on many meds during that time but finally found relief when I joined a cbt program. I have been completely med free for almost two years now. I will try and share what I have learned through my struggles.

nomorepanic
26-08-05, 19:49
Hi Crystal

A warm welcome aboard the forum.

Look forward to hearing about what you have learnt.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

~Mary~
26-08-05, 20:08
Hey Crystal, nice to meet you. I've suffered on and off with anxiety/panic and agoraphobia for awhile now. I used to have it pretty well controlled with zoloft but i was taken off of it a year ago. I was just put back on it but this is by far the worst it has ever been for me.

I'm glad to hear that you have recovered from this, I hope I can one day too, as I'm only 16 and its even prevented me from starting my junior year of school. So if you ever have any suggestions I would love to here from you.

This site is great and I'm sure after you've been through so much you'll really be of help to everyone.

much love!

~*~MaRy

pips
26-08-05, 20:08
Hi Crystal,

A Big warm welcome to you I hope we can be of help.

Take care.

Love PIP'S XX

Piglet
26-08-05, 20:11
Hi Crystal,

A big welcome to the site and any tips you've got will be very welcome too.

Love Piglet:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

sueiamnew
26-08-05, 20:18
Hi Crystal,

Welcome to the site, look forward to hearing from you.

Sue

seh1980
26-08-05, 20:39
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

jill
26-08-05, 20:43
Hi Crystal

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Meg
26-08-05, 23:15
Hello Crystal

Glad to hear all is getting better for you. Well done on all the hard work.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

pinkscrumpy
27-08-05, 00:47
Hi Crystal

A big warm welcome to you

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Karen
27-08-05, 07:56
Hi Crystal

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

kazo
27-08-05, 08:01
Hi crystal

Welcome to the forum

Kazo

FRANKIEISBACK
27-08-05, 12:36
Hiya Crystal

I love yer name

Parker
27-08-05, 15:01
Hi Crystal.

Welcome. It’s nice to here a success story:D

Crystal
29-08-05, 00:48
I'm having troble logging in which is rather frustrating as my reply here vabishes each time I try and login and post and I have to start all over again? Anyway, I want to thank all of you for the warm welcome, what a great bunch of people you all are. I'm sure you will all find something that works for you as well as cbt has worked for me and that you find whatever that is soon :)

Crystal
29-08-05, 01:00
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hey Crystal, nice to meet you. I've suffered on and off with anxiety/panic and agoraphobia for awhile now. I used to have it pretty well controlled with zoloft but i was taken off of it a year ago. I was just put back on it but this is by far the worst it has ever been for me.

I'm glad to hear that you have recovered from this, I hope I can one day too, as I'm only 16 and its even prevented me from starting my junior year of school. So if you ever have any suggestions I would love to here from you.

This site is great and I'm sure after you've been through so much you'll really be of help to everyone.

much love!

~*~MaRy

<div align="right">Originally posted by ~Mary~ - 26 August 2005 : 19:08:08</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi Mary,

Nice to meet you too. I really feel for you suffering already at such a young age. I was on zoloft for awhile and it helped but I think you have to find a therapy that works for you along with meds if you want to find lasting relief. Cbt is what ended up helping me and giving me exercises to help alleviate my anxiety so naturally I think that would be a good place to start. See if there is a cbt program or group in your city that you can join. Go to your library and read some books on cbt if you can. I would start with some of the shorter ones to keep from being overwhelmed. We used a couple of really good books in my group that were very user friendly so let me know if you want specific recommendations but anything by Sam Obitz, David Barlow or Michelle Craske would be a good place to start.

Crystal
13-02-06, 06:37
Mary are you still posting? I hope you are and I hope you are feeling well. I'm still doing good and doing my Tea form exercises daily. I hope you have been able to give cbt a try or found something else that works for you. Aloha!
p.s. i'm off work the next few days so I have more time and will come back to see if you replied to me :)

nomorepanic
13-02-06, 19:30
Crystal

Mary has not been back on the forum since 28th September but you can still email her from here by clicking on her name.

Hope she replies to you.

Nicola

marce
14-02-06, 17:14
Hi Crystal

I am still pretty new here as well so welcome to this really great site.
I'll be starting CBT in a couple of weeks. I'm so happy that it worked for you...i'm hoping the same for myself. I take clonazepam 2 times per day and somedays it helps and other times it doesn't really do much...so i have figured out that I, of course am in charge of making the pills work or not, that said, I am really looking forward to finding new methods to deal with my panic attacks. I do a lot of reading here, just to know that I am not alone or going out of my mind. My goal is to find different ways to live with PD so Thanks again for bringing your success story.
Take care
Marce

Crystal
18-02-06, 18:18
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Crystal

Mary has not been back on the forum since 28th September but you can still email her from here by clicking on her name.

Hope she replies to you.

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 13 February 2006 : 19:30:19</div id="right">

Thanks Nicola I'll give it a try. I hope you are well too :)

Crystal
18-02-06, 18:25
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Crystal

I am still pretty new here as well so welcome to this really great site.
I'll be starting CBT in a couple of weeks. I'm so happy that it worked for you...i'm hoping the same for myself. I take clonazepam 2 times per day and somedays it helps and other times it doesn't really do much...so i have figured out that I, of course am in charge of making the pills work or not, that said, I am really looking forward to finding new methods to deal with my panic attacks. I do a lot of reading here, just to know that I am not alone or going out of my mind. My goal is to find different ways to live with PD so Thanks again for bringing your success story.
Take care
Marce

<div align="right">Originally posted by marce - 14 February 2006 : 17:14:52</div id="right">

Hi Marce,
Thanks for taking the time to reply and I hope cbt works as well for you as it has for me so far. I'm excited for you that you get to start your cbt program soon. The more you do the exercises like the Tea form the more they help in my experience. Good luck and take care :)

chucklehound
19-02-06, 09:29
Hi Crystal and welcome to the forum!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx