PDA

View Full Version : Depression and Doing Things You Cant Remember

StandFree1903
16-05-09, 14:23
I have depression from my anxiety.

Recently i think i have been doing things, but cant remember.

daft I Know.

but £100 of my dads money went to orange and I am gettin the "blame" but I do not know or remember if i paid my fone bill to orange with the money.

Does anyone else have this happen to them?

Pamii.xx

NoPoet
16-05-09, 14:43
Yeah, usually we are distracted or not concentrating and we make silly mistakes or can't remember doing stuff. I do this even when I'm not depressed.

StandFree1903
16-05-09, 14:56
I hate it as it makes me feel worse grrrr :(

xx

NoPoet
16-05-09, 15:09
You'll learn not to worry about it over time, it's not a symptom your brain is deteriorating, you've just got other things on your mind that's all :)

sweetypie
26-05-09, 22:00
i also suffer like this only its more serious

i wake up in the morning to my partner shouting
and its because there was blood every where id cut my self in my sleep with a razer
and the cut made out HELP!
and i dont remember doing it
also i woke this morning to my partner snatchin diazepam off me apperntly
i was trana tek loads of tablets

melody
26-05-09, 22:55
Hi,

That sounds scary sweetie pie. Poor thing :(

I always thought those moments were blonde moments. That's the excuse I use anyway lol.

sweetypie
27-05-09, 12:57
it is melody but its hard on my partner bcos he has to watch my every move

sarell
01-06-09, 22:34
i forget things all the time, and things i want to say, i can see the thing im tryin g to name in my head , just cant get that image and the word to fit

happyone
05-06-09, 21:40
My memory can be awful when suffering badly from depression. I forget names of people I have known for years, routes that I have travelled countless times. It is a symptom and it gets better.

Happyone
x

stuboyz
09-06-09, 21:18
forgot alot of things

Quiet-Lift
10-06-09, 05:26
Hi Pamii

Memory loss is very common with depression. Try this one...

I put something down on the kitchen table, turn around and sometimes it's forgotten.:doh:

or...

I spend precious time searching for something which I put in a carrybag a few moments ago.:doh:

It's not daft. Psychopoet is correct. You have other things on your mind and these will affect your ability to remember and think clearly...just like me!

Try not to worry too much about it. Nothing wrong with your brain.

Maybe you could try using a notebook and jot down any financial transactions? Or get one of those page-a-day diaries.That might help.

Best wishes

Keeway
12-06-09, 17:04
sarell you don't know how happy you've made me. :D I'm experiencing the same as you especially fitting the image to the word. Because of the problem I had with alcohol last year, I told the doctor about it this morning in case there had been any brain damage caused by alcohol and he's sending me for a CT scan just to check, but he said that it could be my anxiety/depression. I'm so pleased if that's what it is. I've done enough damage to my liver and kidneys which are both coming on ok now, and I would hate to think that I have done any damage to my brain. Thanks again, I won't panic about it so much now.:D
Teresa x

razor-elliots
14-06-09, 16:11
I did a lot of things during depression that I still to this day can't remember. It became so bad that I have forgotten entire weeks. Memory becoming blurred is common with alcoholics and drug addicts but I don't think people have yet realized it's also a symptom of depression or what I call emotion addictions. I genuinely consider some types of depression as addiction to depression. I became an anger addict, in my own words, because I could only function normally when I was in a 'dark' mood. I'd listen to black metal and crust punk so that I could function properly, if I didn't carry that dark feeling I was lethargic, fatigued and practically knocked out. Forgetting weeks at a time, losing sleep constantly and being utterly disinterested in everything. I have this theory of emotive addictions, it was around the time I started using that level of anger that I started to forget things, but I also started hurting people a lot more and my morals disintegrated through some twisted logical processing of life. I'm wondering if you have a similar thing, if you use a certain conjurable emotion to function a bit better and not feel depressed, if you do then I think that somehow that is influencing your memory. I'm currently looking into this hypothesis of mine. feedback would be good.

buxsle
17-05-12, 15:44
Hi im having a similar problem i think. for the past month iv been trying to repair the damage to my relationship with my ex and my best friend and have been sorting out college as well. yesterday evening i was feeling down in the dumps about a few things and decided that i would just walk it off with some music. so i tell my mum and sister, mum tells me to be home in 45 minutes for dinner, i walk out the door and down the road, after a while i felt dizzy, i stopped for a moment to get my balance and continued on, now for the part i dont understand. my sister said that 5 minutes after leaving i came back in changed my shoes and grabbed my skateboard, i have no memory of this. this morning when i check my phone i found texts that were sent to my ex and my friend, they were not pleasant, nor were the responses, i dont even remember sending them, so im freaking out over the fact that i have no idea what happened and im also panicing over the texts and how to fix this all, i called the doctors to set up an appointment but that wont be until later today and i really need an explination now.

Anxious_gal
17-05-12, 18:13
I wonder if the medication you're on is causing memory loss?
I would mention it to your doctor for sure .
I'd be so freaked out if I did stuff n couldn't remember :(
Seditives definitely can cause memory loss though,
Its easy to forget stuff when you're on auto pilot .