PDA

View Full Version : hi

dante
16-05-09, 16:30
well where do i begin, i suffer anxiety with obsessional thoughts. we can call it ocd but to me its still all based around anxiety.

it started 4 years back with a panic attack, then i was left with this anxious feeling, worse thing i did was look online for symptons and i found out it was anxiety i also started to read peoples stories and i read about intrusive thoughts about harming people. then i started to have them about my loved ones. it was a horrible time nothing seamed to ease the thoughts.they got worse i panicked more and the anxiety got worse.it went through stages where i felt detached and things seemed unreal.
the thoughts got really bad and i struggled, at work had thoughts of harming people it was a terrible time, me i am a big softy and not violent at all so it was the complete opposite to me.
i began to obsess on the thoughts and it seemed like it would never end.
but i began to accept the thoughts as an illness and slowely but surely it all began to ease, within 9 months i had the odd thought but never let it bother me and i was back to my old self.
This christmas it started all over again, funny the wife bout me a new top of the range laptop and i was feeling a little anxious then a thought to smash it popped in then the anxiety raced. all the old thoughts surfaced and thats where i am now.
i find it alot more difficult i dont just have thoughts i have anxious feelings which can last for days.
then today everything felt unreal, i cant relax, no reading or watching tv, am walking round the house like a caged animal and all through this i am having thoughts of harming my loved ones, it hell.
thing is i have been through it before and the only cure is from within, to accept the thoughts for what they are just intrusive thoughts and move on.
but am finding it really hard. does anyone else have that feeling its hard to explain like there thoughts are in control and a feeling of restlessness and unreality. just cant seem to concentrate on anything.

i am trying meditation it hard when u are anxious but i intend to carry on with it even through the rocky patches.
well that is my story hope i get better as quick as last time but then when your mind full of doubts and fears it very hard.
does anyone else feel they are throwing there thoughts in
thanks

dante
16-05-09, 16:50
well see you in the chat room in 5 days lol

LadyBrackers
16-05-09, 17:06
Hi Dante

Welcome...

:flowers:

dante
16-05-09, 17:27
thank you LadyBrackers :)

danjhay
16-05-09, 18:55
Hi Dante i had a similar problem about two and a half years ago with what i call "ugly thoughts". I use to think terrible things about my family and i thought i was going mad, i sat up at nights with these thoughts crying and thinking somebody should take me away. But i went to the docs and got the help i needed in the form of a councillor and cbt which showed me how common these symptoms can be when people suffer from anxiety and panic disorders. Im now much better than i once was and would just like to tell you it will get better and i sympathise with your problem as does everybody on this site. good luck

duskess
16-05-09, 19:37
Hello Dante , Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here , glad you found the site , you are not alone , take care:welcome: d x

lorac
16-05-09, 19:54
Hi Dante

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

pennyforyourthoughts
18-05-09, 17:05
Hi there,
I had similar thoughts and anxious feelings that went on for days and days.
Thoughts are so dangerous when you don't feel you're in control of them.
In the end I used a technique whereby a negative thought was brushed off before it reached my sub-conscious and I replaced it with a positive one.
So instead of me smashing my computer to bits (which is what I definitely wanted to do), I brushed that off consciously and I replaced it with a positive thought, like I will use this time to email my sister. By the time I'd done that, my anxiety level had dropped. It was like switching off the anxiety light!!! I also do meditation and at the very beginning it was more war than peace but like you, I stuck at it. After 15 minutes, I get a feeling of calm and I feel better. Have you tried 'flipping your thoughts'? It worked for me. I used to get very very angry with my teenage daughter, almost to the point where I thought I was going to do something I would later regret, but flipping my thoughts over was easier than I thought it would be. Now I don't have the same number of internal battles like I used to. Hope this helpshttp://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif

bobobob
18-05-09, 18:34
Welcome on board. Look forward to meeting you in the chat room

dante
18-05-09, 19:06
thanks for the welcome and the advice,have been through this before but this time it just seemed harder.
but i intend to get over it so look forward to chatting to you all in the chat room in 4 days lol