PDA

View Full Version : Bad Episodes

tulip123
26-08-05, 20:19
Hi. I wonder if this rings a bell with anyone. I tend to go from feeling really rotten at certain parts of the day to feeling fine at others. I have been on beta blockers but as I have been with the family have had a few drinks and coffee and tea etc. I have been trying to come off them as I have been feeling a little better - reducing dose and have felt much worse but not all the time. I have just recovered from a bad episode with a pounding heart, adrenaline and feeling highly nervous. I felt like this over the last week at regular intervals (mainly around 6 O'clock) - building up and dying out a few hours later. It usually doesn't stop me doing what I want. Yesterday I was with the family and felt like crying it was so bad - feeling of confusion and helplessness but only for a time. I suppose I'm a bit nervous about going back to work after holidays but I have usually cope through it but it seems worse than usual, especially the physical side. I suppose I should take it to the doctor but last time I went he went totally over the top with presciptions, very dismissive.

I have been through this before but it is difficult if one lives alone and nobody to talk it through. I am hoping this is all more physical rather than mental.

I feel much better for venting this hear after a bad episode.

Tulip

pips
26-08-05, 20:32
Hi Tulip,

I can emphasize with you there i get periods where I feel up and down. Here is a topic I posted a while ago.

NO PATTERN TO ME FEELING LIKE A YOYO!!!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4188)

Your not alone hun.

All I do now is just try to accept that it's all part of the anxiety and try not to focus on my thoughts and feelings to much. Not always easy though I know.

Like yourself I'm due to return to work soon after the holidays and I'm getting very anxious and winding myself up. I know i'm my own worst enemy at times! It just feels like i'm starting a new job even though i've been there nearly 2 years crazy huh!

I hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

tulip123
26-08-05, 21:06
Thanks for reply. I am feeling a bit better now as expected. I get so fraustrated sometimes as I have worked so hard not to feel that bad. I have a good family, a good job and everything to look forward to but I feel so yucky at the moment. I do not deserve it. Oh well early evening has always been a vunrable time for me, but just when I am going through stress, it can be hell on earth.

I think I will have a nice herbal tea and ditch the coffee for a bit:)

tulip

Meg
26-08-05, 23:29
Hi Tulip

If its regular have you checked its not blood sugar related before ypu examine what happens about that time to kick it off.

Hypoglycemia (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=189)
Gi Diet (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3179)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tulip123
27-08-05, 09:25
I have had this before and tested for blood sugar. It was fine then. In fat I have tested several times throughout my life.

Tulip

Meg
27-08-05, 09:54
Your tests can be absolutely fine clinically - just try eating more regularly for a few days.

Is there something that goes on at home or did go on at home about 4-8 that may have left this trigger.

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

tulip123
27-08-05, 10:57
Well my mother said from when I was very little, 6 O'clock was a low time and I was always irritable about that time. n When I'm feeling well the episodes fade into nothing but when I'm going through a stressful period, bad episodes feel more marked. Like now I feel calm and ok, despite having a headache but I know that at about miday, I will feel bad and from 6 O'clock onwards there will be a slow decline until my body is ready for sleep and then I calm down. I am managing to get to sleep because I ride through the adrenalin rushes without questioning them. As for eating regularly, my appertite is fine but I did have problems with my stomach just after my holiday and was in and out of the loo quite a bit. Sorry to go through all of this with you but it helps put into perpective - cold light of day. It may be a combination of a lot of things - physical symptoms, nerves about returning to work, stomach problems, underlying worry, lonliness a feeling of having to move on in life etc etc. It all effects the subconcious. It helps that I have been through it before.

Thanks for listening or reading.

Tulip.

Meg
27-08-05, 21:16
**I ride through the adrenalin rushes without questioning them** Well done Tulip - this is a hard lesson so congrats for getting there .

Does this pattern change at all when you have a midafteroon nap/ rest ?

Meg

tulip123
28-08-05, 17:22
I can nap and rest most of the time but during stressful periods I don't feel sleepy at all during the day. I've felt fairy fine for most of the day and now I'm starting to feel pretty bad - going up to the 6 o'clock time. I have reduced my caffine intake (not altogether) and will try more herbal stuff. I'm sure this episode will pass. I just had a nice weekend away with friends and I think the more I get out and about, the better I feel - the more challenges one sets ones self and the more one can face up to them the better - I'm sure the anticipation about going back to work doesn't help and periods of inactivity.
btw: I have noticed that if I eat regularly as you say, that can help plus plenty of fruit juice. I know the drill. :D