PDA

View Full Version : My health anxiety

Rom
16-05-09, 19:04
Firstly i want to say that since discovering this forum a while back it has been a very helpful resource to me and im thankful for your efforts to keep itthat way.

I to have a health fear of developing a serious mental illness like Pycosis espically being labled a scizo.My fear started a few months after lossing my mum to the evil C word and ever since i have been suffering panic attacks constently seeing the doc to check if i have Pycosis and googling for symptons and comparing myself with them.Even though my gp and my consellor have said that they do not have any concerns that im developing anything like that i still worry that i am and look out for any sign of it watsoever.Its been so bad that i have been obsessed with it most of the day every day and even tv programs i have to watch out for any comment whatsoever that is related to mental health and then i start worrying again.

Does anyone else have to constantly be reasurred over a worry just to get rid of it for a while only to repeat some time in the future ?

lorac
16-05-09, 20:10
Hi Rom

Welcome to the site, glad you found us. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum and would say this is probably the reason you are developing anxiety symptoms, I know when my Dad died instead of dealing with my loss I turned alot of my upset into health worries. It sounds to me that you have health anxiety and nothing more so try and put the Pycosis worries out of your head.

Take care

Carol