PDA

View Full Version : Me

Kat1984
02-01-04, 22:13
Hi,
Im Kat and im 19years old.i have suffered with anxiety for a couple of years now-i first went to the doctor complaining of a tight throat thinking i had a throat infection-he said it was anxiety and prescribed me anti-depressants.i am quite a quiet person, and never had a good social life-which makes things alot worse as you end up thinking about yourself too much and it slowly gets worse.after i fainted at college 3mths my life has slowly fallen apart-i wanted an answer from a doctor saying why i passed out for 5mins-couldn't believe it was "just nothing"-then every little feeling, a headache to me was a sypmtom-i felt like doctors where missing something, a devastating illness and i am suffering.i am always scared i am going to die!!it horrible.

sadie
02-01-04, 22:24
Hi Kat,

Welcome aboard..you will find so much help and support here, so just have a read at all the different messages and you will soon find that you are not alone.

The symptoms you describe are defintely that of anxiety...nothing more sinister. I too find it difficult to understand this as the symptoms seem so real and scary, but anxiety affects all nerves in the body and therefore causes all sorts of sensations.

Radar has a thread on her somewhere about all the different symptoms caused by anxiety...I just found it last night. I will go and have a look and let you know where it is. It is very good in reassuring you that you are definetly not suffering a 'devastating illness'.

Keep in touch.

sadie

sadie
02-01-04, 22:26
Hi Kat

Sadie here again...look under 'General Anxiety' and then the thread labeled 'Constant Movement'. I think this information will be of great use to you.

Take care

sadie

nomorepanic
03-01-04, 22:58
Hi Kat

Welcome to the site.

Did the docs give you a good check out afterwards? Did they do any test and find anything?

Nicola

Kat1984
13-01-04, 22:00
hi, when i fainted at college i was taken to hospital-they took a blood test, blood pressure.i felt so weak and ill due to fainting-it seemed more of just a faint to me but the doctor said the blood test was fine so i could go home.

I am seeing a neurologist at the beginning of Feb as i don't think im right- although it's the longest time to wait as when ur not feeling urself a day seems a long time.
am i just over dramatising things?
Kat

nomorepanic
13-01-04, 22:19
Kat

I saw a neurologist too and it has taken me many many years to realise that I am ok and it was just panic.

Once all the tests come back clear you need accept it and get some help.

Let us know how it goes.

Nicola

Meg
13-01-04, 22:29
Hi Kat,

When you fainted were you having an anxiety attack at the time or was it unrelated to the anxiety ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

stimpy
14-01-04, 01:18
Hi Kat

Very nice to meet you

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Excentric

Buby
14-01-04, 02:50
hi Kat,

welcome to our massive 'family' as everyone has said you will find lots of help and we will help you in everyway possible.

nie to meet you, keep posting.

hugs Rachel xx

Kat1984
14-01-04, 21:16
Afar as i remember my faint was unrelated to anxiety-i was watching a demenstration and suddendly felt odd,was wondering if i should go to the toilet as i needed to but sat down instead, as i was standing.i felt a strange feeling in my stomach,the next thing i know,im on the floor, dazed, scared with paramedics there saying that i'll be ok-for me it was traumatic plus everyone was scared as it was so unexpected.the doctors didn't do a brain scan-as they think fainting is not unusual in teenage girls(19).Since that happened i feel like i have been on a rollercoaster-with physically sometimes feeling like i am going to pass out,getting panicky because of it etc.i know how important life is but it's extremely difficult when u don't know what is going to happen or if u'll get better.
Kat

red
14-01-04, 22:48
Hi Kat

Just to echo what everyone else has said so far - this is a briliiant site - keep with it and you you will feel much better each time.

Take care

Red
x