PDA

View Full Version : newtothis

Newtothislincs09
17-05-09, 13:28
Hi I'm S, just recently, 11 days ago started citalopram for depression/anxiety, feeling calmer, after the side effects seem to be subsiding, except for lethargy. Always been an excessive worrier, afraid of taking any risks at all, stick by the book 100% on everything, rigid, can't bend a rule, and have had palpitations and high bp for a few years now.
Am nearing being off sick for the 4th week at the moment. Have a hubby and son, with special needs/learning disabilities, and plenty of worries, work/home/not keeping up with housework/ironing/washing/cleaning, and separation of family after incident with my niece and son. Have hubby and mom for support. Hubby doesn't really understand this, frightened of it a bit i think too. big conflicts between hubby and son, ( stepdad to my son). And school is a major worry. Big pressures on top of full time stressful work. Feel I am not coping and something has got to give. but hey I know that there are other people with bigger problems than me, but it seems overwhelming. I went off sick with a rash and flu symptoms for first week, then just never felt better, extreme lethargy, doc says i'm depressed, must admit i've been feeling very low but not every day. bit scary to get that diagnosis, never admitted before how i've been feeling.
Hope everyone is doing well, and it will be good to chat to people in the same boat. Hello to everyone in the forum x
S x

Vanilla Sky
17-05-09, 15:39
Welcome to NMP , you will find it helpful and supportive here , maybe see you in chat sometime Love Paige x

duskess
17-05-09, 17:20
Hello and Welcome to NMP , lots of help advice and understanding here , thats good you admitted to your doctors how you are feeling , and glad you found no more panic , take care:welcome: d x

Veronica H
17-05-09, 18:09
:welcome: To NMP.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can not recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica