PDA

View Full Version : Last Hope (newbie)

lucie-blue
18-05-09, 09:22
Hello everyone! :D

Where to start.....ok =]

I'm Lucie, 18, with anorexia, emetophobia and panic disorder.

Basically, Im here for support, to support others, and to try and find some information from those of you with experience.

Being a nervous child, I was diaganosed with panic disorder just after leaving primary school (at age 11), which eventually led to a diagnosis of anorexia and emetophbia (both at age 13) both caused by the distress caused by the constant anxiety.

Ive tried a number of therepies from CBT, fluoxetine, diazepam etc. After spending trying to find a way out of this mess, i am no further ahead than i was 4, 5, even 6 years ago. I used to be afriad of travelling within a 10 mile radious of my home, that chaged to a 5 mile radious, then i became afriad to go further than the corner shop, now it not only terrifies me to leave my house, but eating and drinking is a challange to.

Has anyone else ever been in this position. Or had any kid of therapy/medication/breakthrough that has helped them break down doors?

Thankyou! :)

helen26
18-05-09, 09:42
hi lucie, welcome to no more panic, im afraid i havent any expierance with what u r going through, but there are loads of ppl on here that will be able to offer you some great advice! xxxxx

lady
18-05-09, 09:46
oh hun what a hard time you have had .iam suffering from really bad anxiety and panic just now cant leave house alone only been to doctors with family members ,even that terrifys me .its a constant battle i hope you have reached out for the help you need ,i have just started medication diazapam etc and will see how i get on like you just want a normal life back again xxxx

lady
18-05-09, 09:48
ps the anxiety makes it hard to eat to when iam anxious cant eat feels like throat closing up just nerves i suppose .at momment iam drinking complan as it keeps your weight up and gives your body nutrients it needs as my new medication make sit hard to swallow but your body needs strengh to heal hun