PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

RatBrain
18-05-09, 13:00
Today I have decided to stop taking Citalopram for my anxiety. I've been struggling with anxiety on and off for about 6 years now but only started taking medication 6 months ago. My anxiety varies massively depending on what's going on with my life so continuously taking tablets doesn't seem to work for me. My GP absoluetely refuses to prescribe diazepam (or similar)which would allow me to take something as and when required. So, my best option is to try and work on the way I think and how I deal with situations. I make it sound so easy.

It scares me how much being anxious holds me back. I should have done so much more with my life by now but its not easy when something as simple as making a phone call is a stressful event to me. I really need to try and change.

Patty
19-05-09, 22:12
Hi RatBrain, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I can so relate to the way you describe your anxiety. :hugs:

Best wishes :flowers:

Jay Chal
19-05-09, 22:32
Hi RatBrain :welcome:

I'm a new member too but already I've found loads of really helpful info on the site that is very reassuring.

I can relate to how you describe your anxiety because I'm like that too - the levels of anxiety depend on what's going on in my life. I'm also trying to deal with it in a different way (different for me anyway :D ). It's hard but if we keep at it, we'll get there :yesyes: .

take care

Jay