PDA

View Full Version : Yet another one :(

Louize
18-05-09, 15:40
I got up this morning feeling fine, the minute i left my house however was another matter, shaking, sweating, jittery and heart flutters. Im honestly sick of this now, im fighting the urge to stay inside all the time. But its getting harder and harder the more i try to keep living "normally".

Today on the bus to college it all started, the sweating, shaking and heart flutters, the feeling my throat was closing up.... i fought through it, and carried on, so at dinner i had to run to tesco for my mother, and right in the middle of the shop, i went into a full blown panic attack. I ended up running out and leaving everything in the trolley i sat outside for a little bit and went back inside. I jsut feel like its getting harder and harder at the moment :(

Ive just started taking Kalms, but so far they've been no help - if not i find it makes the panic attacks worse.

I know this is long, but i needed to get ti off my chest (litrally!!) How does everybody handle this? and have any of you found a way to stop the urge to stay inside 24/7???

bingley
18-05-09, 16:05
Try this, dont fight it, will the feelings and sensations your feeling to get stronger, say to yourself (in your head ) bring it on, come on do your worst, invite the feelings to get stronger and let the sensations wash over you.

With practise you will find that you wont feel worse, and the panic will fade. It sounds really odd but this really works, give it a try you have nothing to lose.
And remember no one has ever died from a panic attack, you might feel terrible but you are safe and are not going crazy.

hope this helps x.:yesyes: