PDA

View Full Version : blood test question-please read asap

lrforge
18-05-09, 19:09
What all will a complete blood count with differential tell? Will it detect cancers? What about a brain tumor. I had all these tests done yesterday they were normal, but know I just found out my friends mom has a brain tumor. Now I am wondering if this is why I have been so sore in my neck and sore eyes....any advise is appreciated asap. Thanks.

Trixie
18-05-09, 19:11
Don't worry you don't have a brain tumour.:)

amandaj
18-05-09, 19:33
they detect lots i had one a few weeks ago and my liver is abnormal , youve not got a brain tumour no way

agent orange
18-05-09, 19:35
I had a full blood count too, wih iron and thyroid,does that mean I too am ok if the results came back all normal and the doctor said no further action? I too am worried.

lrforge
18-05-09, 19:36
I have been trying to read and see what I could find. My eyes have been sore for about a week and my shoulders and neck are so stiff its not even funny. Its kind of always on the back of your mind, ya know? They did a cbc with differential, blood clot testing, enzymes and metobolic testing.

countrygirl
18-05-09, 19:40
As Trixie says none of your symptoms are connected to a brain tumour - you would have way more serious symptoms that you have believe me.

A full blood count cannot detect cancer but before you get into a panic it can tell your Dr that if its abnormal and what is abnormal where they nead to look further. So for example if it showed you were severely aneamic then the Dr would want to know why - which could be anything from heavy periods if you are a woman to cancer causing blood loss anywhere in the body BUT it wold make the Dr do more tests to find out why.

You may not want this info what you really really want is for someone to say that one blood test will tell you that you have no cancer anywhere in your body but that would be cruel thing to do as it is incorrect and the hardest thing we have to learn is the uncertainty of living!

The fact your blood test was normal is very very good so hang onto that one.

amandaj
18-05-09, 19:40
I had a full blood count too, wih iron and thyroid,does that mean I too am ok if the results came back all normal and the doctor said no further action? I too am worried.

you are fine ive got vb12 deficieny and mine came back abormal dont worry

agent orange
18-05-09, 19:44
It seems for me that all the tests I have for things always come back normal, but I still have the symptoms etc. My iron lvls were 15.4.

Stressed32
18-05-09, 20:26
Here is a great SAFE site that explains all blood test and what they look for:

www.labtstsonline.org (http://www.labtstsonline.org)

A full blood count can detect probelms that lead to further testing. If all is normal, you are fine. If you had cancer, something would have been wrong in your results to let the Drs know they needed to do more testing.

lrforge
18-05-09, 20:46
A sincere thank you to those who replied. I really aprreciate it. You know how that panic is, you hear it you have it.:blush: