PDA

View Full Version : Been There - Still There

Daisy82304
18-05-09, 20:11
Hi,

I'm Donna and I am brand new to this forum. I'm 53 years old and have had anxiety in one form or another for most of my life. While I no longer have panic attacks, the anxiety has manifested itself in different ways over the years. Among other issues, this disorder has held me back in my career and causes me at time to make poor decisions.

I was adopted at birth and recently found my birth father and his family. It was of some comfort to learn that there is a hereditary link. I do see a counselor once a month and take a mild dose of Lexapro which helps some. Still the anxiety is always there coloring every aspect of my life. I can't help but wonder what I may have achieved in life if not for GAD.

I look forward to being a part of this group. As well as learning from group member's experiences, I hope to help others by sharing my experiences.

Looking forward to "meeting" all of you!

MOJO
18-05-09, 20:17
:welcome: Hi Donna!
Glad you have found this site. It's wonderful! I couldn't manage without it. Everyone is so helpful when you have a question or are just having a major panic or anxiety attack.
I'm sure you will find lots of help and information on here. Looking forward to hearing of your experiences too.:hugs:

suzy-sue
18-05-09, 20:24
Hi DAISY AND WELCOME.YOU WILL GET LOTS OF HELP AND SUPPORT HERE.:bighug1: sue

bumbles
20-05-09, 20:48
Hi there hope u like it here, its a brill place and lots of support and comfort knowing your not alone. And encouragment to go out and get on with things. Lots of praise when u do. WELCOME xxx