PDA

View Full Version : Worried.... Bipolar

Richard261
19-05-09, 11:48
Hi, my wife thinks I may be bipolar, and it scares me, after reading up on this disorder, I can see I do have some or all the symptoms . I also feel that my marriage has gone down the tubes, all to late... i don't know if there's any way back, because to much has been said, why has it taken this for me to realize and for me to loose the one thing that was important to me, we married on the 6th of may 2007, after my now new wife, finding me after we brock up in 1978, she says she thought about me through the years while we apart, and myself also, had nothing but fond memories of when we were first together, how could I of been so stupid, not to of seen what was happening. Everyone said what a perfect couple we made, hard to see that now after all thats happened, I think and feel she hates me now and what I've become, not the man she married, nor the one person she loved all those years ago, I wish we could be the way we were, only now I think its all to so very late, I feel she wishes I would just leave, so she and her son who is 13, can get on with there lives... Ifelt that she was going to tell me to just go on my ex- wifes birthday, which was on the 15th of may, which incidently would of given my ex quite a birthday pressent, I have been reunited with my daughter after not seeing her for nearly 17 years, because I had felt like I'd let her down... I tried to stay in cottact but my ex made it almost imposilble for me to do so, which effected me so much, it was my wife who found her, even after I told her not to, and that I would contact my daughter when I was ready, I felt like my choose to contact my daughter when I was ready had been taken away from me, just like it was in 1978 when I married my first wife, my now new wife, telephoned my house and evryone kept that from me... although my new wife was aware of this she still went ahead and contacted my daughter, so she new full well what and how I thought, yet still did so, which did cause problems between us, en yet I am now so pleased she did so, We had words about 3 weeks ago, and I ended up on the settee, and she as per before went to the bedroom like all the other rows, and won't talk about things, so now all the little things have ended up being one major problem... and don't think my wife wants anything to do with me. can I blame her, we had so much going for us, and so little too... now I'm so confused I don't weather just to take myself off without saying a word, so they can have there lives back... I feel so alone even though my wifes upstairs and I'm downstairs, with very few words being spoken, and our anniversary on the 6th of may came and went without even knowing it had... That made me feel like just going, I do love her so much, and if it would of been anyone else I would of been gone ages ago...

Oceanblue
19-05-09, 11:57
It sounds like you have many issues in your life at the moment and I'm sorry to hear about that and hope things will soon come together. But, why do you you think you have Bipolar ?

Richard261
19-05-09, 12:04
Hi Katie, thanks for your reply... I think manly because of all highs and lows

drummermike
19-05-09, 15:13
Not sure why you think you have Bi-polar. Doubt it.

As far as your situation, I too lost contact with my beautiful daughter 5 years ago because I thought I let her down also due to my stress levels, anxiety and coping skills. Big mistake in my life. I focused too much energy on a relationship and became even worse with stress. Ultimately in the end I lost my GF too who I loved the most ever, even though I gave everything I had to her. Giving everything I had ... made me lose focus on important things in MY life.

Your current wife apparently cared enough about you to reunite you with your child. You wouldn't have done it on YOUR time so it sounds. She cared enough to see that you are happy and had that missing link back in your life. So she did it without your permission, so what. Some of the concerns and things you are saying in your post, especially loving your current wife ...... should be said to HER ........... before you loose her. And You may eventually. I have been there. I hope you don't. If you love her this much, get up there, thanks her for reuniting you with your kid and tell her you don't want to lose her. Sorry for being so blunt, but you seem indecisive a bit. I know your pain.