PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

laeonae
19-05-09, 14:31
Hi!

My name is Cindy and I have been suffering from panic attacks for about 8 months. I have not found any relief from them. I take medication, but I am allergic to SSRI's. The only option for me are the Benzo's. I have mild anxiety during the day, but the majority of it comes if I try and nap or sleep. WHen I wake up in the morning it is there to greet me. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks for listening!

Cin

starlady
19-05-09, 14:51
Hi cin, You are not alone, i get panic attacks which come and go every couple of months .....and they are back!. Dont know how long they will stay for but im working on different techniques on how to get rid. I have my relaxation cds by glen harrold to see me through and my aroma oils and bach remedies. My g.p put me on beta blockers my last bout of p.a last august, but i only took them for 3 days and wanted to try to get through it naturally. I get mine whilst outdoors so im trying at walking at a bit slower pace. Good luck .......and this site is always here for you. Ang. x

ronski
19-05-09, 17:56
Hi Cindy

I have suffered from panic attacks and did occaisionally get them when having a nap. Mine are now virtually gone due to finding out how panic attacks occur. They cannot occur without background anxiety as the origin of them starts with a subconcious first fear, It is your reaction to this first fear, that usually starts with a thought unrecogonised by you or you may be able to recognise what is causing the anxiety.

If when the first fear strikes you add a second fear which comes from your conscious mind, then that is when your panic attack starts and escillates. this is because you have activated the fight and flight response.

So to stop those attacks you must try not to add that second fear. If you dont fear them then they cannot appear. The good news is that no drug in the land can help you as much as your own mind in conquering these debilitating and very frightening attacks.

I hope this helps, it helped me.
All the best
Ron