PDA

View Full Version : Hi, this is my first time....

Twotone
19-05-09, 15:05
Hi my name is Toni, I'm 44 and have 2 girls aged 19 and 21, I first started suffering from GAD 2 years ago although it was a good few months before it was diagnosed accurately. I do feel that I have come a long way since the early days but still have acute anxiety on a daily basis, some days its not so bad but on others it can be completely debilitating.I do not let this prevent me from doing things now, but for the first twelve months I couldn't go anywhere without a chaperone and even then intense fear and anxiety would take over and I would flee from the situation.

juicy lucy
19-05-09, 15:12
hi you are not alone i suffer from agraphobia and panic disorder i also need somebody with me when i go away from home like supermarkets its awfull isnt it? i have had it for 15 years have you had any medication for your anxiety

Veronica H
19-05-09, 15:21
:welcome: to NMP twotone, and glad that you have found us.

Veronica

Deepest Blue
19-05-09, 15:34
Hi Toni, :welcome: to the forum. I'm glad you've found us and I hope that you will find support here to further your progress, you've already done so well:yesyes:

Take Care

Twotone
24-06-09, 16:12
Hi Again

Yes I was on Citalopram for about 6 months but never really felt they made a difference, I was also scared of being on medication. I now rely on Half Inderal LA when I get the odd really shaky day. I was lucky to be referred for CBT fairly soon after being diagnosed and went through a lot of past issues that I believe were the cause of my GAD, but anxiety is a canny little thing that can creep back without you realising.
Over the last three weeks I've been suffering from major headband tension headaches that has made doing even the simplest things really hard. And of course I had this down to a brain tumour or stroke which has made my anxiety worse again....lol I have however learned a lot from reading all of your experiences and tips for what causes all these symtoms and how to help stop them being such a pain. Its such a great relief knowing that there are other people out there that are going through similar things and that I'm not going mad.
I have now started exercising and doing at least 20 minutes relaxation a day and I really feel this has helped me.
I really do think I can beat this, slowly but surely as I don't want to live my life in fear of fear anymore. xx

lorac
24-06-09, 17:30
Hi Toni

Welcome to the site, it sounds like you have found a positive approach to anxiety and panic and that's a really good thing. There is some great support and advice to be found on this site.

Take care

Carol