PDA

View Full Version : paroxetine and panic...

colcol
03-01-04, 14:23
i have been taking the drug for about 6 years (after both parents died within months of each other). i soon started having panic attacks and went to my doctor who said that they were simple "dizzy spells", a couple of weeks later (same symptoms every day) i suffered a breakdown. i still have attacks but these are usually very short ones and always seem to occur when i have to leave the house and go shopping for food or whatever. i bluff myself into thinking that the trip is just across the road for a paper and i'll be back in a minute having discovered that once i'm out of the house and sitting in the car i generally feel alright, though i admit i always try to keep the outings as short as possible, each day does get easier.

best wishes and kind regards...

if i am half the man my father was, i am a man indeed...

Meg
03-01-04, 16:23
Well done for facing it and geting back to normal.

Meg

nomorepanic
03-01-04, 23:13
Colcol

Welcome to the site.

Are you saying that you are better or that you rarely go out of the house now?

Nicola

colcol
04-01-04, 12:43
i try and get out at least once a day, at the moment i'm off work and have been for a while...

regards to both of you...

Meg
04-01-04, 12:57
Let us know whether there is anything we can specifically want help or advice on.
Keep up the progress.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
04-01-04, 20:17
Colcol

Perhaps you could use the time off work to get some therapy - by yourself I mean.

Get out and about each day and set yourself little challenges all the time. Instead of going out just once a day try twice a day and a short walk down the road to see how that helps.

Please try not to get stuck in the house and this will only make you worse and then you could have severe agoraphobia.

Try to get an interest that will keep your mind active as well.

Good luck

Nicola

colcol
05-01-04, 14:54
when i went to the doctors today to get my repeat prescription for paroxetine i was told that "it" had been withdrawn, though i'm not sure if she meant by the makers or the doctor. as i also take librium, could this have something to do with it. it seems strange for him to suddenly stop prescribing it after 6 years. i know the tablet has had very bad press in recent times...