PDA

View Full Version : Arrghh what the hell am I going to do. Where do I get help?

tizwiz
19-05-09, 16:17
Hi everyone I haven't posted on this site for quite a while but Im facing a massive anxiety/depression emergency and I really don't know what to do.
I have suffered on and off with depression/anxiety + ocd for a long time.
About 18 months ago I had become independent and was bringing up my 5 year old son alone and sharing a house with an old school friend who also had a daughter. I had not been that free or independent for years and had been a slave to my depression/ocd/anxiety. I had stayed in a loveless partnership because I was so unable to cope I wouldn't even drive my son the short trip to school back then. But I made the move and although it was hard I managed to get much better.
About the same time I met my present partner who unfortunately was an alcoholic. I had known him from years ago and he had seperated from his wife so we got together. somehow we just clicked and everything was perfect, I fell head over heels for this man.Then one night whilst we were out his ex burned down my house with several people including children inside. Some of whom were seriously injured.
It is a long and complicated story but now after nearly two years I have become so depressed and anxious I can't even go out alone.
Im in a town where I know no one, I have lost contact with my son thanks to this woman as the police told the council, social services etc that it was too dangerous to be in my home town and I must move away.
The problem I have now is that my partner is going into hospital today for 6 weeks to detox and hopefully recover as he has been seriously ill for months. I am not allowed any contact with him at all and I am terrified of what the hell I am going to do. He does not know how I feel as I do not want to give him the extra burden of my problems on top of what he has got to go through. But I am so terrified I can't stand it. On top of this I have a prolapsed disc and it is playing me up at the moment so I can't even do much.
How am I going to get help the doctor won't give me a mental health nurse and I have no one. There is a local charity tht runs groups for depression etc but I don't even think I can get there. Im just soooo scared today I can hardly breath. This post is probably a load of babble as my mind is racing and I really can't calm down even though I've tried.
How do I get some help I really need it.......
Tiz x