PDA

View Full Version : Really dont know whats wrong, Feel like Im dying

sMINT
19-05-09, 18:59
Saturday night I had a headache so stayed in.

Sunday I felt fine all day then at around 10pm I felt really really ill kind of like as if I had flu or something similar. I couldnt even watch TV as I had a headache and my eyes felt funny.

Ive had this feeling since the Sunday night now and I really dont know whats wrong with me. Im going to try and make an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I feel a bit bitter during the daytime hours which is strange but come this time and I feel so so weak. I can hardly stand up and my arms feel like jelly. I cant focus my eyes on anything so I just spend my nights lying on my bed in the dark which I have done since Sunday.

Thats the only way I can describe it. Like flu, but not being able to focus my eyes on anything, headache, legs and arms like jelly, feel sick (havent actually been sick *touches wood*). Ive had flu before though and thats why Im panicking over this becuase its such a horrible feeling and nothing like ive felt before.

Has anyone felt like this before, Or could shed some light on it to put my mind at ease?

Thanks

Oceanblue
19-05-09, 19:42

Sunday I felt fine all day then at around 10pm I felt really really ill kind of like as if I had flu or something similar. I couldnt even watch TV as I had a headache and my eyes felt funny.

Ive had this feeling since the Sunday night now and I really dont know whats wrong with me. Im going to try and make an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I feel a bit bitter during the daytime hours which is strange but come this time and I feel so so weak. I can hardly stand up and my arms feel like jelly. I cant focus my eyes on anything so I just spend my nights lying on my bed in the dark which I have done since Sunday.

Thats the only way I can describe it. Like flu, but not being able to focus my eyes on anything, headache, legs and arms like jelly, feel sick (havent actually been sick *touches wood*). Ive had flu before though and thats why Im panicking over this becuase its such a horrible feeling and nothing like ive felt before.

Has anyone felt like this before, Or could shed some light on it to put my mind at ease?

Thanks

Hi SMint,

Of course i'm no doctor, but I believe you could have some sort of virus.

My entire family have been through this yearly virus in the past two weeks, and it's not very nice. It does sound very similar, although we too had severe headaches. Are you feeling this too?

Make an appointment with your doc. They will assure you.

Take care, am sure you're ok. Try not to worry too much. xx

amandaj
19-05-09, 19:53
it def does sound like a virus as katie said good luck at the drs

sMINT
19-05-09, 20:06
Thanks Katie and amandaj.

Can a virus really call all these symptoms then yeah?

I feel as if Im about to collapse any moment and suffering anxiety/panic attacks doesnt help lol. I really know I shouldnt but Im sat here thinking about all the terrible things it may be...Swine Flu, The 'C' word, diabetes :(

I mean I took a paracetemol Sunday and last night and Im not the greatest when it comes to taking tablets anyway. I think it made me feel worse so Im having to put up with a raging headache now :( I am trying to drink plenty though and eat fruit when I can.

Hopefully the doctor can shed some light on it (hopefully without having to take a blood test haha)

Thanks for the kind words.

Mondie
19-05-09, 20:10
I've had this for the last 3 weeks but I'm all better now...you'll get better too, just drink plenty of fluids and rest lots.

XXX

mummyto4
19-05-09, 20:15
Hi Smint, I feel exactly the same. The worst thing at the moment with me seems to be headaches. I've felt like it since Sat. I complained of feeling sick last night and my husband said he had also felt the same. Maybe a bug/virus? Hope you feel better soon
x

sMINT
19-05-09, 20:26
Thanks Mondie & Mummyto4.

Yeah I didnt think of whether it may be a virus or bug. Hopefully it is and it will pass.
Thanks!

Tink
19-05-09, 21:34
Hello

My sister had a virus which caused her to have numbness and shouting pains in her face and head. She was quite poorly for a wk and still gets numbness now a year or so on. Viruses can cause lots of different symtoms especially if on the nerves.

Hope u r feeling better tho xxx

mick_uk
19-05-09, 21:36
There's a bug like that going around in the east where I live too. Headaches and feeling sick. Seems like there's always a bug/virus doing the rounds lately.

LisaLisa
20-05-09, 10:44

Thanks

Hey smint

Not sure if you have been to doc and had an answer or resolution to this yet but just to say that anxiety can do this to you. Feeling fluy is something that adrenaline can do to you. I have this on and off for a long long time, maybe evern as long as 15 years. It seems to have gotten more pronounced as my overall anxiety has, so i think its no coincidence. It comes on out of the blue and is a very scarey feeling - but i think that is becuase of the very adrenaline thats causing it! I noticed that when i have the actual flu i dont feel scared about it bit this feelin galways always comes with anxiety and unease.

Im sure your feeling is as simple as this too, anxiety over a long long period of time taking its toll!

Hope your having a good day today

Lisa
xxxxx