PDA

View Full Version : eye pains

scooby28
19-05-09, 19:28
I wear glasses and contact lenses, i recently changed my contact lenses to the sort you can wear all day and then sleep in them.
I mainly only wear them for two days a week which means i sleep in them one night a week.

Recently I have been having alot of trouble with my eyes, my vision is ok it's just my eyes they range fron the whole eye ball aching, to one aching, they feel dry and itchy.
Twice now while wearing my contact lenses i have woke up and my right eye has felt sore then it literally just poures with water so i have trouble getting my contacts out, i also seem to get this really bad stinging sensation with it, i also get this piercing sensation through my eye feel like someone is sticking a pin through my eye ball. eventually i get my contacts out and my eye does stop watering but sometimes the piercing feeling is either there on and off or all day, this seems to last mainly a day.

I had my eyes checked at the opticiens about two weeks ago and they said they looked fine apart from them looking slightly dry and recommened using eye drops two to three times a day.

I wander if anyone gets this while wearing contacts or with out, I also have had the piercing feeling a few times while not wearing contacts i seem to mainly get this when i watch alot of telly or feel really tired

scooby28
22-05-09, 17:38
does anyone else any of get these symptoms?

scooby28
25-05-09, 19:32
i worry that i may be going blind slowely even though the opticiens says my eyes look fine but dry, as i still keep getting these symptoms on and off at least twice a week with or without my contcacts in.
anyone else get this

kathy.x
25-05-09, 23:24
dry eyes are very common from anxiety, and i'm not sure why. and so are eye pains etc - this can be due to tiredness etc. i have been having eye problems all through my anxiety and have had an eye test very recently and even had a doctor look at them. they say they are fine and are no cause for concern, i think it's to do with the eyes being nerves and if the brain is all stressed it can cause them to go a bit mad too.
i'm sure you are not going blind, but the best i can suggest is talk to your doctor / optician about it, especially if they know you suffer HA you could even tell them your concern? i'm sure you are fine and it is just anxiety, like i've said i have had this too! hope you feel better about it!