PDA

View Full Version : ocd and citalopram

pieball86
19-05-09, 20:22
has anyone else been pescribed citalopram for ocd and how do you think its worked?ive been on 10mg for 8 months i just increased my dose to 20mg 3 days ago and my ocd has got really bad,i was first prescribed citalopram 6 years ago for depression and anxiety after i came off drugs but managed to get off them for about 2 years until i devoloped ocd,im not feeling the way i did before i was really happy most of the time and really confident

Str33tb0y
19-05-09, 23:48
Hi Mate,

ive been diagonsed with OCD and I have a General anxiety disorder and im taking citalopram. i started on just 10mg for a week and then my dosage was upped to 20, to be honest Ive noticed any difference in my ocd problem, but at least my panic attacks are quite so intense anymore. I reckon ocd is best treated with cbt and med combination im just sitting on the nhs waiting list for my cbt...

Anyways hope things improve mate. :)

NoPoet
19-05-09, 23:52
I didn't realise they used citalopram for OCD? I would have thought you would need a higher dose than 10mg to make an impact. I agree with str33tboy than cognitive behavioural therapy might help you a lot: www.livinglifetothefull.com