PDA

View Full Version : And its hello from me

THEW
19-05-09, 22:40
hmm where to start..

im 25 and about 2 months ago i suffered my 1st and quite bad panic attack at work 2 months ago.. it came out of no where and i still have not figured out the trigger to it.. as most people seem to think there must have been one. I had a few weeks off work for stress induced anxiety and was given citalopram which i stopped after 2 days due to the extreme reactions to the side effects.. during my time off i started swimming quite a lot which has been very helpful in recognising how to control my breathing etc etc.. but now im back at work im finding it difficult to fit in the exercise due to long shifts and tiredness.. on one occassion i felt so bad i was shaking and sudnt sleep though the feeling that my heart is going to explode out my chest even though i dont feel stressed or anxious (this mostly occurs at night). Since then my GP has gave me diazepam 2mg tablets to take as and when i need them.. which i only use maybe once or twice a week as im strong willed and want to get thru this with minimum help from meds.. i see a cousellor once a week and that helps a great deal.. the one thing that becomes really infuriating is the pounding heart problem at night.. especially when you just want a good old sleep.. anyways.. enough rambling

im new to all this!! haha

Patty
20-05-09, 11:35
Hi THEW, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)

lorac
20-05-09, 12:33
Hi

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol